Redman Shockah!/Hasan Salaam/OC Demos
Thursday August 11th 2005,
Filed under: Not Your Average

Redman Releases Dope New Song Shockah!

Gilla

I heard this over the phone the other night and had to grab it off Red’s site to check if my ears weren’t playing up on me. Who’da thunk it? Funk Doc has come through with a fuckin’ incredible beat and a new improved flow to boot! Not sure who made the track, but it sure as hell wasn’t Erick “Onassis” Sermon, judging by those drums.

Redman - Welcome To Gilla House

Redman - Gilla House Check

Hasan Salaam

Hasan

I’m not usually a fan of “grown man talk” style lyrics, but the beat and vocal sample on this track is some eerie shit that really sets the mood for this introspective piece. Check out Hasan’s bio for more info.

Hasan Salaam - Bonus ( Fifth Column/Day By Day Ent.)

O.C. Demos

Also, Vinyl Addicts have some nice vintage O.C. material from before his first album, consisting of demos and mixtape spots. The Rap Nerd already blessed us with the “O-Zone” demo a few months back, but Smoov has dug-up another four tracks worth checking.

That Redman track isn’t bad. Especially the part where the beat changes and the ‘Skinz’ (Pete Rock & CL Smooth feat. Grand Puba) sample comes in. But I still don’t really like the way Redman’s voice sounds nowadays. Just play ‘Whut? Thee Album’ and (hopefully) you’ll hear what I mean.

Comment by Lotuz 08.11.05 @

Thanks from a fellow Dutchman to Smoov for those dope O.C. tracks. 010!

Comment by Lotuz 08.11.05 @

I heard that Redman song on that D.J Premier “step ya game up” mixtape. Good shit. There’s another dope new Redman track called “gilla house check” that you can get on 12″. It’s on that Word Of Mouth label.

No way, i’ve already got the original “o zone” and the superb “visual picture” from the last Bobbito show but i’ve been after these other 3 tracks for years.

Comment by Brian Beck From Wisconsin 08.11.05 @

That’ll learn me to post when I’m half asleep. I linked the wrong Redman song! “Gilla House Check” is my shit, I haven’t even heard “Welcome To Gilla House” yet.

Comment by Robbie 08.11.05 @

That ‘Gilla House Check’ track isn’t bad either. Very Old School, but people here know that’s not a bad thing. All it needs is some real scratching, not just some Premier style cutting lines in the chorus.

Comment by Lotuz 08.11.05 @

yeah, i copped a cd online that had all these oc demos and then some. i was buggin off them for a minute a couple years back and ill revisit em now for facemelt purposes.

Comment by thesurgeongeneral 08.13.05 @

That Hasan Salaam joint is sick. Does he have any more joints or an album?

Comment by Sycopath 08.15.05 @

He’s got an album out.

Check here for more details:

Comment by Robbie 08.16.05 @

RED IS THE ONE OF THE BEST MCS AROUND AND THIS ONE IS TIGHT A CLASSIC ONE THAT LEAVES THE LISTENER CRAVING FOR MORE I THINK RED HAS IMPROVED REALLY DRASTICALLY AND HIS UPCOMING ALBUM PROVES THAT HES GOING TO DELIVER ILL SHITT THIS ONE MUST LISTENED BY ANY OTHER FAN OF REDMAN

Comment by ZAMA 08.31.05 @

Hasan Salaam – Paradise Lost is one sick hip hop album… pure conscious political rap, sick if u dig immortal technique or capital d and rappers like UN so i definitely recommend it… blaxploitation, prayer from a sinner, concrete watercolours, diaspora, fountain of youth are jus a few sick tracks… he has some videos out http://www.hasansalaam.com…. allegro is a mad tune… screw all this nonsense propagandistic garbage commercial rap like 50cent chingy nelly… lets spread the message… talk reality not some bullshit bling krap… check out http://www.letsroll911.org , http://www.infowars.com... bush/bin laden did it together!!!!!!!!! PEACE

Comment by Don 09.22.05 @