The Dopest Duo Live In The House of Hits
Sunday October 09th 2005,
Filed under: Steady Bootleggin',Tragedy Special

craig g

The b-side to the forgettable “Back To Reality” single (which, as previously mentioned, featured a large chunk of Soul II Soul as payback for Jazzie B‘s bite) featured an ill cut that teamed-up Tragedy with Craig G, for what turned-out to be one of the most under-appreciated team-ups amongst Marley’s stable of vocal talent. Over the loop that was later flipped by Biz Markie for Granddaddy I.U.‘s “Something New”, the fellas drop lines over a perfect soul clap tempo and proceed to “killing off all the false prophets/who took the rap industry and tried to hold it hostage”.

The Intelligent Hoodlum explains: “This ain’t on the pop tip to sell out or sell on/you thought I fell off, but Tragedy fell on”, indicating that perhaps he wasn’t really feeling the A-side of the record either. Uncle Marley provides his usual high-pitched adlibs in the background, and sends a message out to all potential beat biters on the outro. Another winner on all fronts.

Intelligent Hoodlum featuring Craig G - Live and Direct from the House of Hits (b-side of Back To Reality 12″, A&M, 1990)

Dope track! Still Biz Markie and Grand Daddy I.U. outclassed it.

Comment by Lotuz 10.09.05 @

I prefer this over the Grand Daddy I.U. version…definitely slept on. “renegade rebel with a style that’s well-put…” I’m gonna have to pull this one out and take a listen again.

Comment by thesurgeongeneral 10.10.05 @

i liked the original version of ‘no bs’from in control vol 2.(used i`m your puppet)
heard this loads of times on the radio then when the lp was released we get some version using a different break.
anyone have an mp3 of what i`m talking about.

Comment by beatlover 10.11.05 @

holy smokes i remember this joint!

Comment by BrotherOmi 10.12.05 @

Thanks for posting this. I used to have this mp3, but then my hard drive crashed. I’ve been looking all over, but I couldn’t find this track anywhere. As an aside, I’m surprised nobody mentioned Hi-C who also flipped this sample back in the day. And then there’s the new Camron/Jaheim joint.

Comment by Dark Gable 10.19.05 @

I’m not really surprised.

Comment by Lotuz 10.20.05 @

I am surprised the House of Hits did not make the Intelligent Hoodlum and Saga of a Hoodlum re-issue.

Comment by turtle 04.26.07 @

Can someone please send me the Mp3 or make it available. This is one of the MANY, MANY TRULY DOPE hip hop songs the only a few people have actually heard!

Comment by Dnyce 06.22.07 @