Pete Rock Remixes Pat Benatar
Wednesday May 31st 2006,
Filed under: Video Clips

For a number of reasons I won’t bore you with here, I’ve been on dial-up for the last year or so, but now i’m back on cable as of yesterday which means I can finally catch-up with the rest of the universe and mess with YouTube without waiting for that shit to load. First thing I found was a Future Music Magazine promo that Pete Rock did for the MPC, which is notable if for no other reason than the fact that he chops up “Love Is A Battlefield”?! (Quick, better call Dip Set to get on that). I’m betting that most of you have already seen this, but just in case:

That’s tight.

Comment by bedouin 06.01.06 @

Dude.

This is hella fresh.

I felt like I just kicked it with P Rizzle.

Comment by reninatronix 06.01.06 @

NUTS!!!!!

Comment by P-Matik 06.01.06 @

i had seen it, but its a good one.

feel free to add me (mordymord) as a YouTube friend

Comment by mordecai 06.01.06 @

very hot

Comment by illest 06.02.06 @

You guys can’t be serious. Tons of records in that guy’s collection and he chooses “Love Is A Battlefield” to make, what sounds like, a throw away Sade track.

Comment by Gnat Turner 06.02.06 @

Man, I gotta get me an MPC! Back in like ’90 and ’91, me and my friend used to make “beats” by just taking old records, new records, tapes, whatever and looping parts over and over with two tape decks, most of the shit was awful, but we had some good shit too. With one of those MPC’s, we wouldn’t have been up til 4 in the morning making one beat!

Comment by Jay 06.03.06 @

Pete Rock is the shit! ‘Be Easy’ was kind of underwhelming but I know he has some new heat in store.

Comment by Big Articulate 06.23.06 @

wow i love it. i’m a pat benatar worshipper, she would love this. i can’t wait to get a copy.
peace.
danny d.

Comment by danny diess 07.13.06 @

Meet Jared, WSUM 91.7 Hip-Hop Director (pt. 1)

WSUM hip-hop director Jared Linzmeier’s “Return of the Boom Bap” airs each Monday from 10pm-Midnight CST. That means you can and should listen tonight via 91.7 FM, or by going here and clicking on the “On Air” tab. Given t…

Trackback by Emcees Without Voices 09.11.06 @