While You Wait
Thursday July 20th 2006,
Filed under: Announcements,Not Your Average,Video Clips

While I finish my next Flavor Unit post, here’s a few things I’ve written elsewhere:

A Salute To Weed Carriers - Corny Hipster Alert

Oh WordI Got Ethered By Jeru and All I Got Is This Lousy T-Shirt

Opinions Are Like Beer Cans – Top 5 Gully Rap Covers

Plus a couple of Lakim Shabazz videos:

“Need Some Lovin’”

“Black Is Back”

I don’t think that comment was really left by Jeru, unless he really likes to refer to himself in third person. “If u Listen to the lyrics it about some one he grew up with in brooklyn”, not “I grew up in brooklyn”. “Oh and by the why .. Jeru got paid.”, not “I got paid.” It’s probably just some guy who filled in “Jeru the Damaja” in the name field. Know what the fuck u talkin about before u sit in front of ur pc.

Comment by Afu-Ra 07.21.06 @

That’s obviously possible, but the email address was legit. It’s not the first time a rapper has referred to himself in the third person either.

Comment by Robbie 07.21.06 @

Damn! Your vaults are deep son! This shit came out when I was like 12. A little different from what passes for Hip-Hop now huh?

How do we know that last comment was really from Afu-Ra?

Comment by Big Articulate 07.22.06 @

Cause he told me it was him earlier today, that’s how.

Comment by DJ Premier 07.22.06 @

“It’s not the first time a rapper has referred to himself in the third person either.”

Indeed, please also refer to: Kool G Rap, KRS and err Craig David

Comment by The Average Man 07.23.06 @

Diego Maradona refers to himself in the third person as well. It doesn’t get gullier than that!

Comment by Antonio 07.30.06 @