Freestyle Professors Return / New Tim Dog with Ultramagnetic
Wednesday August 02nd 2006,
Filed under: Announcements,Not Your Average,Promos & Exclusives,Steady Bootleggin'

This is old news to Vinyl Exchange heads, but for everyone else:

The classic Freestyle Professors EP is getting released as part of an official album! Here’s the news:

This project will be limited to 500 copies, pressed on double-vinyl from the original masters, and packaged in a picture sleeve. The sound quality will be better than that featured on the OG EP and the recent Japanese bootleg which, contrary to some rumours, was not taken from the master tapes (nor was it done with their knowledge).

This will be a one-off pressing. When they are gone, they are gone.

The album will feature 16 tracks including:

* The entire original EP (8 tracks)
* 4 unreleased tracks from 93-94
* 2 unreleased instrumentals (Get Wise and Hardcore Villain Get Put On)
* 2 brand new tracks, one produced by Show and the other by Branesparker

All the LP’s will be hand-numbered and singed by the artists (Branesparker, Don Q and Fox).

The price will be $100 per copy. I will be the sole distributor of this item through the website www.freestyleprofessors.com

Here’s a new track they’ve recorded recently, which will appear on a 6-8 track EP of all-new material ready to drop around October and available for around $10, while the limited edition Your Pocket’s Been Picked 2xLP should drop in September.

Freestyle Professors - Hear What I Hear

In other Bronx news, it seems that Tim Dog‘s BX Warrior has come out, although I haven’t seen a copy yet. Regardless, thanks to End Level Boss for lacing me with this cut featuring the Ultramagnetic:

Tim Dog feat. Ultramagnetic MC’s - Mind Games

I must admit that I have not a clue who the hell this is. Maybe some very slight recollection of the name, but nothing more than that. So, obviously, the cost/value of this project is lost on me. Help, Robbie.

Comment by fosterakahunter 08.03.06 @

Oh, and the Ultra v.2G joint is kinda hot.

Comment by fosterakahunter 08.03.06 @

pretty dope new track from the freestyle professors,cant wait till the lp drops a welcome return from these underground kings

Comment by shahid 08.03.06 @

Shit, the instro to Hardcore Villain…I’ve got a semi on already. $100 though? Ouch. And I hope the Japanese collector geeks don’t vacuum them all up like they did with the originals. Uh, no offence…peace to K-Prince!

Comment by Daddy Bones 08.03.06 @

“I must admit that I have not a clue who the hell this is”

They dropped a dope EP back in ’94, with a beat from Showbiz. The orignal pressing goes for at least $400 a pop these days:

Comment by Robbie 08.03.06 @

Thanks for the write-up Robbie! Hear What I Hear will be part of the new EP (which is bananas, by the way) and will be one of the two bonus tracks on the collectors 2xLP.

Check this great site (under the Authentication Station) for some more on the Original Freestyle Professors EP and how to tell it apart from the recent bootleg:

Peace,
Ed Catto

Comment by Ed Catto 08.03.06 @

never heard that ultra one fam. good lookin.

Comment by rakimfan 08.03.06 @

yo good to hear that bronx shit coming back. I recently decided to re-enter the game cuz of the lack of originality. Maybe you could tell me if you think this has any relevance in today’s market.

Comment by rakimfan 08.03.06 @

Love that Tim track – best line – ‘Rolling with Trev’.

Comment by farns 08.03.06 @

Well this is good news. We can finally put a proper end to the Freestyle Professor joints. Thanks for the info.

Comment by Planet 08.03.06 @

Man I was thinking out the $100 price tag. Ouch! Rape prices.

Comment by Planet 08.03.06 @

YO!!! Both these joints is FFFFUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEGGGOOOOOO!!!!!!! Thanks…

Comment by alphastart 08.03.06 @

$100 is ridiculous. The price point is clearly based on the fact that the original EP goes for so much. It’s not worth £50, never mind £400 – more overrated random rap. I have it – it’s pretty good, but for $100? Get outta here. I can pick up a dozen better things for that kind of money

Comment by Drewhuge 08.04.06 @

yo the FP’s are back real hip hop for sure..that track is hip hop…100 is a steal bcuz like the first it will go up to 400 500 when sales are almost gone…cant wait to cope it…

Comment by king 22 08.07.06 @

That Tim Dog/Ultra track is real sick def coppin the cd

Comment by Alex 08.09.06 @

Freestyle Pro’s tune was cool,I look foward to more of the same

Comment by staxowax 09.12.06 @