Battle of the Breaks – Just Blaze At It Again?
Wednesday October 11th 2006,
Filed under: Features,Promos & Exclusives,Steady Bootleggin'

It seems as though there’s been another “coincidence” concerning Just Blaze flipping the same loop after someone else, much like the when he did that “P.S.A.” beat for Jay-Z a few months after Black Moon released their “Stay Real” single1. This time he’s used “Shaft In Africa” in a similar manner to the track that K-Def sold Diddy back in November of last year (the instrumental was also featured on K-Def’s website around the same time). Issues of originality aside, I’m interested to hear which track everyone prefers.2

Diddy - “We Gon’ Make It”

Jay-Z - “Show Me What You Got”

Update! Diddy-free version of the K-Def beat:

[Poll=8]

Update #2: Since there’s been some mention of the El Da Sensai version of this break from the start of the year, produced by Money Mercilesz, I thought I’d put it up here to compare. You’ll have to put up with the annoying “press advance” drops on it though, that’s all I’ve got. I also threw in the track K-Def did for the same album (The Unusual) since the beat is nice as hell.

El Da Sensai - “Up In Da Spot”

El Da Sensai - “Rock It Out”

1. 1. Although it’s worth noting that Buckwild was the first to use it as a skit on OC‘s first LP.[back]
  2. 2. Puff’s lyrics were supplied by The Game on this occassion.[back]

I heard them both (although the Puff joint only once) but based on that I’d have to say that Blaze’s was a little hotter mostly ‘cos there’s more going on in the track.

Comment by ian 10.11.06 @

I honestly like K Def’s beat better but Diddy rapping pretty much fucks up the track. Peep this link to see how this clown is really getting down these days…

and the best satire i’ve seen in awhile…

Comment by neil nice 10.11.06 @

Just Blaze’s had tighter drums, and no Puffy.

Comment by bedouin 10.11.06 @

k def’s is better . maybe it sounds better cuz its down tempo. Just uses that joebudden snare (jump off joint).

Comment by dolo 10.11.06 @

WOW! Diddy is hands down the worst “rapper” of all time. His lack of flow, charisma, inflection, style, delivery and breath control ALONE make the Jay/Just Blaze 10 times better. I’m going to sit and cry over the last 2mins of my life that will never come back thanks to P. Poppa Diddy Bop.

Comment by Zilla 10.11.06 @

I liked k-def’s a little more, but with that said, whoever was rapping there was a tremendous faggot and I never wanna hear that shit again. I’d listen to Jay-Z before I listen to that guy queering up a beat like that

Comment by Bang 10.11.06 @

^ Ha! Instrumental versions of both tracks would have been better, since Jay-Z Vs. Diddy is a no-brainer vocally.

Comment by Robbie 10.11.06 @

nah, K-Def rocked this beat. Just Blaze went over board on his. I think that Diddy’s track, is not a mastered version. So Just has a track record of biting huh, not surprised. They picked, other samples from K-Def’s Real Live, album too.

Comment by paul 10.12.06 @

they butchered ‘The Turnaround’ and ‘Ain’t No Love’ from his Real Live album. Just for Sigel, and Kanye for Jay-Z.

Comment by paul 10.12.06 @

are ya’ll crazy, Diddy verses are tight and relevant. Jay-Z verses are silly and not on point. K-Def the underdog wins again.

Comment by gray 10.12.06 @

wow, Kanye did a horrible rip of ‘Aint No Love’ and Just did the ‘Turnaround’ for Beans. man stop biting, that man. I think Jay-Z is keeping a gripe about him producing that Trued Up dis track

Comment by lyn 10.12.06 @

damn, Puff ruined that K Def track and I don’t know what kind of fruity shit Jus Blaze was on? Dude must be wearing Kanye’s tiny leather producer jacket. Jay’s asshairs can rhyme better than Diddy (no Mark Foley). I’d like to hear a more compelling artist on this track like maybe a Jim Jones or Proof.

Comment by Billy Sunday 10.12.06 @

“rap is an art, you can’t own no loops”- Guru.

Surely, things like this haven’t just now happened. The only people getting “jacked” are the original artists, unless there’s proof that either Just or K played A note on that record.

If I’m not mistaken, there was one point in ’92 when “Soul Clap”, “Uptown Anthem”, “Fudge Pudge”, AND “Puerto Rico” were out @ the same time- did people talk about who bit who or did they just enjoy the records regardless?

Comment by DanjaMania 10.12.06 @

i think K-Def’s version was done for El Da Sensei’s last album ‘The Unusual’ as a remix.

Comment by lyn 10.12.06 @

I enjoyed it slowed down on Ras Kass “Rassassination” who verbally slaughters that track…

I can’t believe I’m saying this… But I’m going with K-Def and Melvin Combs’ kid. Puff at least sounds interested in rapping on this one… Its the lesser of two wacker evils. I expect Puff to be mediocre, but Jay was a SNOOZEFEST (and the corresponding video with Dale Earnheart and Danica Patrick. mmmmm-GHEY!)

Comment by Drewpreme Magnetic 10.12.06 @

I like the way K looped the sample better but the extra hits and horns Just puts in make his track a lot more hype. I’ll take Blaze on this but K-Def is one of my alltime favourite producers. I know he’s had it rough recently with Nas’ “Where Y’all At” also reusing a break he used but then he reused the Lyrics To Go break for Tragedy back in the day and that was fine. You know what? Make a dope beat, don’t worry about the rest. Both K-Def and Just Blaze make dope beats more regularly than 99.9% of Hiphop producers.

Comment by bse 10.12.06 @

K defs beat is definaettly getting my vote. Sounds natural and fresh and has a bit of space to rhyme on. Just Blazes is a bit over (super)produced. Easy to ignore the rappers on both cant remember a word either said. sick break. My mate Bruce used it first though.

Comment by geko 10.12.06 @

I gotta go with K-DEF on this one!! The smoothness of the track is alot more soothing on the ear & the track is clean & has a constant flow of rythem to keep your head boppin…..Just Blazes “copy” is too choppy & sounds like it was rushed & put togeather in 15 minutes…..

Comment by Cassius Clay 10.12.06 @

Ras Kass ripped it better than both of them.

Comment by julio g 10.12.06 @

The two beats aren’t even comparable. JB layered the rump shaker horns and had the entire sample replayed.

JB

Comment by SF 10.12.06 @

i like K-Def’s better. yeah u may think puff is wack but Jay is off beat and you can bearly hear the sample in just blaze track cause he has way too much going on, hell you can bearly hear jay on the track. as a whole Puff and Def track sounds tight all the way around the board. just a better production. so if your looking for quality production K-Def is it. if you want a mess call Blaze.

Comment by so real 10.12.06 @

is the flash player you’re using to share these clips some freeware thing? if so can you point me in the right direction?

Comment by dj mad wax 10.12.06 @

Ras Kass version is better than both RASSASSINATION!!!

Ras Kass version is better than both RASSASSINATION!!!

Ras Kass version is better than both RASSASSINATION!!!

Ras Kass version is better than both RASSASSINATION!!!

Comment by baltimore 10.12.06 @

Yeah, Just BLaze’s is waaay more apeshit. Ras Kass did kill it though.

Comment by Joaquin 10.12.06 @

Ras Kass was the best when it came to rock the “Shaft in Africa”… Don’t you remember Rassasination… Even though I like the way Just Blaze flipped the samble givin’ it a live feel (with the help of studio musicians from what I read), Ras Kass is 10 times better flow and lyrics wise…

Comment by GregO 10.12.06 @

haha..Puffy is the fuckin’ man

I’d rather listen to expertly ghostwritten outrageous ballin’ rap by Puffy than Jay’s boring tired old man rap

The Puffy joint all day everyday

Comment by Brian Beck From Wisconsin 10.12.06 @

Dre rocked this beat first when he used it on Ras Kass’s “Rasassination”.

So there you go.

Comment by Wab 10.12.06 @

i’m a big k-def fan but blaze’s work is dope 2.maybe like another writer said over(super)produced.

i hope k-def gets paid in full this time.

Comment by mario 10.12.06 @

——if I’m not mistaken, there was one point in ‘92 when “Soul Clap”, “Uptown Anthem”, “Fudge Pudge”, AND “Puerto Rico” were out @ the same time- did people talk about who bit who or did they just enjoy the records regardless?

Comment by DanjaMania 10.12.06 @
—–

hahaha, yeah, but come on. ths is puffy and jay-z we’re talking about here. commercial dudes don’t get any breaks round here from us, why should they? lol

Comment by Bang 10.12.06 @

there are so many breaks waiting to be put to use, why do we insist on hearing the same ones over and over and over…

Comment by BK 10.12.06 @

“Shaft In Africa” (1973)

The Lafayette Afro Rock Band “Darkest Light”

While we all talk about copycats, by the way K-Defs version got the fatter mix and the more pumping drums, this is not the first time the “Shaft In Africa” and “Darkest Light” samples where combined.

The first time these two songs where combined in the form of sampling was 1989 on a song called „Soul Food“ by Philadelphias famous Tuff Crew on their legendary LP „Back to Wreck Shop“.

That song is a pure instrumental track with dope cuts by legendary DJ Too Tuff who is highly underrated. You can check the track „Soul Food“ on DJ Too Tuffs myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/djtootuff ).

I think “Soul Food” is the best Beat out of those samples. And no rapper is ruin it.

Peace
Hawkeye

P.S.
Another DJ Legend came up on myspace lately. DJ Miz from Freshco and Miz “We Don’t Play” fame can be found under http://www.myspace.com/djmiz.

Only DJ Jazz of Robbie B and DJ Jazz fame is missing, than every ueber-dope Philly DJ is on myspace.

Yo Robbie you should do a DJ special about the dopest 80s DJ’s.
Magic Mike, Mr Mixx, all the Philly guys, DJ Scratch and the UK DJ’s !!!!!

Comment by Hawkeye 10.12.06 @

Mad Wax: The player’s called Dewplayer.

Hawkeye: “Soul Food” was dope. There will be something on here about Philly soon.

All Ras Kass fans: No one cares. Rassassination was a complete abortion of an album, regardless of how well he rocked the break.

Comment by Robbie 10.12.06 @

blaze is back at it again — hip-hop needs some creativity. stop copying eachothers shit.

Comment by asdflsijdf 10.12.06 @

There was a follow up to Phanjam?!

Must have.

Comment by Finally 10.12.06 @

The K-def track is fiery.

Comment by gioforeal 10.12.06 @

Robbie, why isn’t the a choice for A TIE….nah kidding, basically K-Def was better produced but Jay-Z’s flow & delivery was better than Puff’s…ANSWER?? Jay should’ve spat over K-Def’s version

Comment by Kevin 10.12.06 @

Wow, the Game has written for Diddy? Remarkable or embarrasing? I’m not sure either. I see you were digging that satire piece over at Dallas Penn. Thanks for the love, dog. Keep me in the loop.

RD

Comment by RD 10.12.06 @

Comment by Bang 10.12.06 @

^^^^^Well… I guess I’m just one of those fans who don’t do all that division and breaking hip-hop into little groups and shit like that. Good shit and wack shit are pretty much how I divide it, and that could be all kinds of shit that fall into both categories.

Comment by DanjaMania 10.13.06 @

Ohhh.. K-Def, I googled KFED and got this shit. My search for real hip-hop continues….

Comment by Big Spice 10.13.06 @

This is why back in the early 90′s, people had crews. So a producer contributing on your album, would’nt think about taking an idea from one album to another. If Jay told ‘Just’ to do it, that’s foul. He said he was sorry on his version. Quite as kept, that’s why there were no press copies for Diddy’s album, after this leak he shut it down. His album is on fire, Jay-Z was most likley asked by Puff to contribute verses to the album, and he said no; because he had his own album coming out. The only mistake Diddy made was not releasing K-Def’s version as his single, if he done so he would have topped the Billboard charts. Not that abortion of a single, ‘Come To Me’. Cockafella are bitters, and now they have wack clothing to go with it too

Comment by lyn 10.13.06 @

Now at this level, Just Blaze should have said no. He has Diddy’s next single, you can’t tell me he did’nt hear K-Def’s version, over the weeks he worked on Diddy’s album. Have some standards nigga. You got the fame and $$$. Buy some hot breaks and keep it moving. You’re not on Dr. Dre’s level either, the replaying on his version is too loud and ‘over the top’; like Jay-Z’s a ‘river runs through’ it sweater. At least he rocks LRG, he did’nt rock the ‘Shaft in Africa’ break. The only person sitting back and chilling, is Johnny Pate.

Comment by saint 10.13.06 @

To dude that said “there was a followup to Phanjam?” there were 3. “Danger Zone” is a pretty dope album, “back To Wreck Shop” is an alltime unbelievable classic and the 3rd album is a bit meh with a nice single.
Tuff Crew = Best Philly crew ever.

Comment by bse 10.13.06 @

The Diddy beat is far better. Actually, he did a better job with the beat than Jay did too. I wonder who wrote it. Jay’s song sucks in every which way.

Comment by Tray 10.13.06 @

lets be honest. if that Jay-Z joint hadn’t come out we wouldn’t even be talking about this K-Def beat.

Comment by BR 10.13.06 @

Comment by DanjaMania 10.13.06

I’m playing, but yeah. trash is trash, and those two ain’t got it no more

Comment by Bang 10.13.06 @

YO, PROPS UP TO K-DEF, THAT SHIT IS OFF THE CHAIN AND JAY-Z SHOULD DO JUST WHAT HE SET OUT TO DO AND THAT IS RETIRE AND AS FOR JUST BLAZE ALL I CAN SAY IS STOP BITTING, ASSWIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by CarrieAnn Corey 10.13.06 @

Forget about who’s rapping on both beats…that’s irrelevant. End of the day is, K-Boogalow’s beat blew DJ Just Kinko’s out the water. Speakin of water, that shit sound like he Just had to add water and watch it grow in 10 minutes!! Poorly put together. i had respect for Just Blaze. But it seems like every damn time he opens his mouth some nonsense comes out. Tighten up ur belt nigga, focus on ur music and show some muthafucken RESPECT to niggas thats been doing this shit back when u was copying niggas coloring books!! $ cant buy back respect. 2 late. Damn.. 1 large step back for Hip-Hop.

Comment by C-L.O. 10.13.06 @

The real tragedy here is that K-Def is not getting the mad props that he is do (like gettin paid ).

Comment by Ralph 10.14.06 @

K-DEF K-DEF K-DEF….HIS SHIT IS MUCH MORE TIGHTER SMOOTHER AND SLICKER.. YOU CAN ACTUALLY HEAR ALL THE ELEMENTS IN HIS SHIT.. HE TOOK HIS TIME WITH THE TRACK YOU CAN TELL OR AT LEAST I CAN…..NOW JUST HAVE HAD SOME NICE JOINTS BUT ON THIS ONE THAT HORN IN THE INTRO AND THREW THE SONG F*#KED THE TRACK UP….. JUST DRUM ROLLS ARE HOT TOWADRS THE END….NOW K-DEF DRUM ROLLS ARE NASTY IT REMINDS YOU OF THE FLINTSTONES WHEN THEY USE TO RUN.. I NEVER SEEN NO ONE PROGRAM DRUMS LIKE K-DEF ISEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES
IT COULD BE STEP EDITING OR IN REAL TIME THE BOY IS NASTY..I’M NICE TO LET’S DON’T GET IT TWISTED…..PLUS I HEARD K-DEF TRACK CLOSE TO TWO YEARS AGO… SO THAT GOES TO SHOW YOU WHO SOME OF THESE PRODUCERS ARE LOOKING UP TO……..PEACE……………… OH YEAH JAY-Z NOW I BELIEVE THAT YOU DON’T WRITE.. YOU NEED TO START BROTHER…….

Comment by OMAR- AKA- DYNAMIC 10.14.06 @

this is aint the first time in hip hop where producers have sampled the same beat & it won be the last. I’m going to have to go with just blaze on this on, his track has more energy

Comment by dj eastwood 10.15.06 @

The Just Blaze track has way more soul!! He has more change and it’s arranged where it doesn’t sound overly competitive plus he used a live drummer that’s no MPC drums!!! I still love sp-1200 and MPC grity drum sounds but a funky record is a funky record!!

Comment by Marc Davis 10.16.06 @

what track did just blaze do for beanie that jacked real live’s “the turnaround”?

Comment by DredScott 10.17.06 @

“Show em what you got” was rocked by Public Enemy on there second joynt!! You can even hear Flavor Flav’s voice on the hook on Jay-z’s record. The bottom line is we are in a new era and new generation of hip hop heads. Sounds have changed and progressed for the better and the worse in my opinion. A producer can come back out with an early break beat that was rocked in the park jams in the Bronx and sampled during the Golden Era 88 and recycle it for 2006 and if done correct it will sound fresh!!

Comment by Marc Davis 10.17.06 @

marc davis i feel you on your last comment. a track is what you make. at the end of the day blaze should have shown some respect not to use the same loop or he could have just been a man about and tell the truth that he liked k defs loop but had another idea for it. instead of coming off the way he did as a sucker. blaze that is.

Comment by so real 10.17.06 @

The Ras Kass version shits on theese two and that was bought out in 97.

Comment by c.s 10.17.06 @

Who in their right mind is going to go for the Puff one, are you serious?… Diddy is be all means some sort of a great business man but lyrically……nooooooooo!….. The beat on Diddy’s was so dry, Just did so much more with that loop, please!…..Get ya’ll minds right

Comment by Brooklyn's Finest Pt. II 10.18.06 @

K DEF ALL DAY ANY DAY.

THAT’S MY DUDE AND WHEN IT COMES TO THE TRACKS MAN HE’S SICK WIT’ IT… BEEN SICK WIT IT AND THAT’S HOW COME THERE ARE TWO OF HIP HOP’S MOST RESPECTED MOGULS SPINNIN’ ON HIS TRACKS.

NOW WHAT?

JERSEY STAND ALL THE WAY UP!!!LOL!!!!

MY VOTE IS FOR MY DUDE K DEF.

P.S. STOP SWAGGER JACKIN’…IT’S ENOUGH MONEY TO GO AROUND.

Comment by SHANTAESEXY 10.19.06 @

Yeah I gotta say that it was dope eight years ago when ras kass was rhyming over it.

Comment by x7an 10.20.06 @

i gotta say blaze shyt is better cause of the live drums played by bam of 1500 dont get me wrong k def shyt is nice but the drums killed it.

Comment by figgaz 10.23.06 @

I heart show me watchu got.

I don’t heart it in a Bud Commercial.

I heart when Hip Hop N*ggas use the same beat and come out with shit at the same time like we a’int gone notice.

Sh*t the trees ain’t THAT good in the east.

Comment by Maxamillion 10.23.06 @

this footage is pretty dark, i peeped this video of Puff & K-Def working on their version @ his myspace page.

Comment by saint 10.24.06 @

Comment by jaysplaya 10.26.06 @

I like Jay’s version better…its has more instrumentation involved …plus he’s waaaa better on the mic than Diddy…I heard that Diddy joint before but didn’t know K-Def made it.

TZZZZ

Comment by Tzar 10.27.06 @

WHY DON’T WE JUST CHALK IT UP TO THIS, K-DEF AND P.DIDDY DID THEIR THING WITH WHAT THEY HAD, I MEAN WOULDN’T YOU? KEEP GRINDING K-DEF AND P.DIDDY.

Comment by CarrieAnn Corey 10.27.06 @

?????????????????????Keeping it real Isaac Hayes should be the one beefing about where the money at!! Just and K-Def should be giving him props because he is the originator of the loop. Plus K-Def is known in the industry and hood as being a hater!! He never gives props to anyone. Anytime u say Pharell’s shit is whack u know u r a hater!! Pharell is rich and K-Def is still in the hood walking!! Nuff said!! Peace!!Comment by jaysplaya?????????????????????

Most black artist are suppose to hold their heads in shame because they don’t sell out and become moguls?Is 45 King, Pete Rock or Large Professor any less talented because, they’re not holding millions. This is a problem that plague’s Black art forms’, Izzy Pop is held in high regards among his peers in rock & roll. Does it matter that, he’s not rich$$$, nah. What K-Def and his peers do is a art form, too bad the lawyers and mostly white publishers have cornered the hip-hop market.I would think if K-Def thought Skateboard P’s tracks were wack, why would he have remixed his single “Can I Have Like That” which is the first song, blaring from his website,
Jaysplaya=Idiot. I grew up listening to K-Def’s work, and frankly I’m surprised as hell he’s still contributing tracks on this level. We can go down the list, of talented hip-hop artists that had to let the music thing go, and got a regular job. With all this talk of where did the ‘East Coast’ sound go, it didn’t go anywhere, its still being held down by producers like K-Def and many others, who get zero love from ass kissers like ‘Jaysplaya’. When N.Y. artists and the execs start paying homage to the elders in the music scene and start getting them to work with these young and dumb artists, that paid ’0′ dues, then maybe N.Y. would make a come back. Check out Ghost’s last two releases, why were they dope, because he takes tracks from seasoned producers like K-Def and Pete Rock. When he starts taking tracks from, ‘wet behind the ears producers’ his albums will suck, Peace.

Comment by nick 10.30.06 @

pharell rich? so what? any true hip hop head knows K-DEF is a genius and pharell an mainstream-sellout producer.

Comment by mario 10.30.06 @

FIRST OFF JAYSPLAYA U DUMB MOFO, WHAT IN THE WORLD DOES ISAAC HAYES HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING. THE TRACK IS NOT HIS. GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND COME AGAIN. BETTER YET GO ASK JUST BLAZE WHERE THE LOOP CAME FROM. AND TO YOU SHANTAESEXY. I PEEPED YPUR UGLY ASS YOU SHOULD BE LOCKED UP FOR USING YOUR NAME AND SEXY IN THE SAME SENTENCE. K DEF YOUR DUDE WHAT U SUCKED HIM OFF AND HE GAVE U A BEAT THEN WHAT??????????? NOW TO YOU BROOKLYN FINEST PT II MAN SHUT THE HELL UP I SEE YOU ARE A MESS JUST LIKE THE BLAZE TRACK, YOU ARE MOST LIKELY NOT EVEN FROM NEW YORK LET ALONE BROOKLYN. MAYBE YOU AND SHANTAE CAN GET TOGEHTER. BOTTAOM LINE IS THEY BOTH BY SOME “ODD” REASON USED THE SAME EXCAT LOOP AROUND THE SAME TIME, BUT THEY BOTH DID THINGS THERE WAY. SOME LIKES K-DEF’S VERSION BETTER, SOME LIKE BLAZE’S BETTER. SOME THINKS BOTH IS WACK. IT IS WHAT IT IS. NOW WHEN YOU START TO TALK ABOUT WORK AND DUES THAT IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT BALL GAME.

Comment by so real 10.31.06 @

What other producers do you like very much? From the past?

Marley Marl, 45 King, Premo, Pete Rock, Extra P, Q-Tip, DITC, RZA, Dr. Dre and Hitmen.

Today, which producer(s) do you like?

Just Blaze, Kanye West, they keep the art of sampling alive

Peep this interview from 2005, where K-Def “gives props” to other producers.

Comment by richdirection 11.01.06 @

Like Rich says, of course K-Def like Justs Blaze and Kanye West. Those dudes are mad influenced by him. I bet you any money they were pumping Chief Rocka HARD before they started making beats.

People need to off talking about swaggerjacking and think about two dope producers using samples that have all been used before and both making nice beats.

Were Wrecks N Effex biting Public Enemy? Was Ras Kass biting Tuff Crew? No they were sampling Pate and Lafayette. End of. Timing is a little unfortunate but it’s not the end of the world.

Comment by bse 11.01.06 @

FIRST OF ALL PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT THEY WANT THEY HAVE THEIR OWN OPINION EVERY ONE IS JUMPING ON JAYSPLAYA CAUSE HE MADE A COMMENT YOU HAVE PEOPLE CALLING SHANTAESEXY UGLY CALLING JAYSPLAYA AND IDIOT YOU HAVE MARIO CALLING PHARELL A MAINSTREAM-SELLOUT WHY HE’S A SELLOUT CAUSE HE WORKED HARD AND MADE IT ONLY THING
HE’S SELLING OUT IS HIS BEATS THE BOTTOM LINE IS THE MAJORITY RULES IT’S WHAT THE PEOPLE LIKE IS WHAT SELLS YOU HEARD THAT WITH THE WHISPER SONG YOU HAVE ALL THESE PRODUCERS SAYING THAT SHIT IS CORNEY IT’S SIMPLE HEY THE PEOPLE LIKED THE SHIT. NOW YOU HAVE A BABY TALKING ABOUT I DID THE BEAT FIRST YOU WANT SOME MILK AND COOKIES GET REAL AND KEEP IT MOVING THIS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS K-DEF

Comment by THOR 11.02.06 @

First of all I will say what I want when I want cause my knuckle game is up!! So all u Pussyassniggass!! who don’t like what I said holla!! I’ll do u niggas like Just-Blaze did K-Def in his video!!lol I am entitled to my opinion it seems like K-Def has all his flunkies leaving comments on his behalf!! To all his flunkies stop riding dick!! To K-Def stop hating with ur Don Cornelius from Soul Train looking ass!!!! ROFL!!

Comment by jaysplaya2006 11.03.06 @

And So Real I will wire ur mouth shut!! For Real!!
Bitch ass Nigga!!

Comment by jaysplaya2006 11.03.06 @

Nick is K-Def still boinking u in the ass!!!

Comment by jaysplaya2006 11.03.06 @

OK JAYSPLAYA ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO YOU IS BRING IT. I BE IN BRICK CITY ON ELIZABETH. COME THROUGH MY HOOD AND SEE IF YOU CAN MAKE IT OUT. AND YOU ARE RIGHT YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO YOUR OPEN JUST LIKE I DO. SO WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RESULT TO VIOLENCE WHEN OTHERS LIKE MYSELF EXPRESS THERE OPINION??? COULD IT BE YOU ARE A WEAK AND FAKE NIGGA WHO IS NOTHING MORE THAN A INTERNET THUG. MAN GET A LIFE , GET SOME PUSSY IR DICK WHICH EVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT AND STOP CRYING CAUSE YOU PLAYED YOURSELF BY NOT KNOWING WHAT YOU WHERE TALKING ABOUT. BY BY BABY :) LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL,

Comment by so real 11.07.06 @

I respect Just Blaze but i think he need to stop jakkin beats others used. I think i knew how He Jacked Black Moon’s Evil Dee’s beat for JAy Z’s PSA announcement. Remember that boring ass Documentary *The Black Album* whateva that s*** is called?? Recall back when Jay Z was mad at Just Blaze over some s*** with the beats he was making.

Evil Dee: YO BuckShot, Da 5ft…I GOT A HOT BEAT
this S*** is Illlin man..tha beat soo good it will make ya beat ya landlord.

BuckShot: yea yea yeaaa I dig that Oooooh s*** its hot like Spicy Wangs…

*Just blaze jumps out of Nowhere*

JUst Blaze: YOIIINKk BEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-Itcccchhhhhhh* *slaps Evil Dee* grabs the record and does the Terrell Owen’s dance* Yaaaaaa i jacked ya S*** and i will make lotta dough of ya Broke Black Assses lol hahhahahah.

Just Blaze i respect you man…why you do that? the original beat made by Evil Dee was Hotttttt better than yours….Now you gonna run ya mouth…Niggas aint stupid..we’ll look and look and find if you jacked that loop and or you knew the record…i gotta give it to K def man that beat is nice…Just blaze went overboard and the video is Gaayyyyyyy ….How many Niggas you know live in damn MONACO????? Not a lot….And it was used a commercial for BUdweiser????Negrooo Pleasseeee…the Beat Just blaze is aight but a lil too overboard..I’ll go for madlib, K def, Ski, Paul C, Nicolay, Oh No, Kan Kick, Dj Shadow, Diamond D, Kanye *His ego is trippin someone bitch slap him please* Just Blaze stop blalalalalala man it aint working…. and NO you are NOT the Greatest producer…you are a good producer, ROY AYERS is the GREATEST PRODUCER, ISAAC HAYES GREATEST PRODUCER,and so on on ..the others like Diamond D Madlib SKi Ayatollah..Nicolay. There great because THEY KNOW HOW TO MAKE A DAMN GOOD BEAT And FUCk twist Samples into some Crazzy S***….

Comment by Isaac Magoo 11.07.06 @

also I forgot Prince Paul Dan the AutoMator Exile
EDAN Marley MArl DJ MAn Cut KANO there great producers also but underrateed…

Comment by Isaac Magoo 11.07.06 @

SO REAL SHUT THE FUCK UP. I’M FROM BRICK CITY AND I BE ON ELIZABETH I NEVER HEARD OF YOU. AND KNOW ONE FROM BRICK CITY SAY BRING IT AND GET A LIFE. SO YOU JUST PLAYED YOUR SELF.GIRLS DON’T EVEN SAY THAT.LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.OH YEAH YOU CAN’T EVEN SPELL.READ YOUR SHIT AGAIN.LOL LOL LOL

Comment by KNUCKLES 11.08.06 @

DON’T MEAN TO BE RUDE BUT YOU KNOW ME I WAS THE ONE HITTING THAT CHICK YOU TRIED TO GET WITH. I AM NOT ON THE CORNER I’M IN THE HOUSE ON THE CORNER IN SOME PUSSY. FROM WHAT I KNOW ABOUT YOU YOU ARE THE PUSSY. NOW I BET YOU MAD I KNOW YOU BUT YOU DON’T KNOW ME. WELL FIGURE IT OUT. ***HINT*** I’M THE ONE STICKING TO YOUR GIRL WHEN YOU OUT IN THE STREETS. LMAO @ U

Comment by so real 11.09.06 @

YEAH NOW I KNOW YOU ARE NOT FROM NEWARK WHERE I’M FROM WE DON’T HAVE GIRLS WE JUST HAVE CHICKS THAT WE STICK IT TO
YA DIG LIKE YOUR MOMS SHE HAVE SOME GOOD PUSSY NICE AND WARM AND WET NICE BIG TITS TO I DID’NT KNOW SHE CAN THROW THEM OVER HER SHOULDERS LIKE THAT….HINT…..YOU REMEMBER YOU MADE ME AND YOUR MOTHER PANCAKES THAT MORNING AFTER I FUCKED HER IN THE ASS..COME ON YOU REMEMBER NOW COME ON (WHY YOU GETTING MAD)… SO LISTEN (so FAKE) YOU KEEP STICKING IT TO MY GIRL WHILE I STICK IT TO YOUR MOMS AND SO MANY MORE CHICKS. I GET SO SO SO MUCH PUSSY DAWG… COME AT ME WITH SOMTHING ELSE THEN THAT WHACK SHIT YOU SAID RING RING RING OH LET ME GO THAT’S YOUR MOTHER ON THE PHONE SHE WANT ME TO HIT THAT THING THAT HANG IN THE BACK OF HER THROAT WITH MY DICK…LOL LOL LOL LOL

Comment by KNUCKLES 11.11.06 @

Yo, jaysplaya you seem to talk alot of shit. It seems to me you are sucking Jay Z off. Are you his bitch or what? you talk about your knuckle game is up but are your knuckle on the floor and are you taking it in the ass? So slow your roll talking about my brother (yeah is real brother)because i’m not the one for that shit. Don’t talk about it be about bitch ass…..bigg dogg

Comment by biggdogg 11.12.06 @

Yo, both beats are hot, yet K-Def’s came first. There should be no argument here. Check out El Da Sensei’s rhymes on K-Def’s beat on his CD “The Unusual” track called “Up In Da Spot.” that shit was hot, even though I like Jay’s verse in this, You gotta give the beat to K-Def.
By the way, producers nowadays suck compared to the originators like DJ Premier and Pete Rock. You want the real shit? Listen to some Primo productions or Pete Rock & CL Smooth.

Comment by bmatt33 11.13.06 @

BOTTOM LINE IT IS WHAT IT IS. KNUCKLES STAY IN SCHOOL, SO U DOING MY MOM! THAT CONFIRMS IT YOU ARE A PUSSY MY MOMS A BUTCH. LMAO :). ANYWAY BACK TO THE TOPIC, KDEF – GREAT PRODUCER WHO BEEN IN THE GAME AND MADE SOM CLASSICS.

NOW BLAZE YOU KNOW YOU NEEDN YOUR ASS WIPE WHERE IS THE RESPECT. IT’S COOL K DEF DOES NOT OWN THE DAMN LOOP, YOU KNOW , I’M PRETTY SURE HE KNOWS, AND WE ALL KNOW HE LOOPED THAT TRACK FIRST, AND YOU COPIED AND TRIED TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE HE DID THE JACKING. MAN YOU ARE SCUM. YOU SHOULD BE EJECTED FROM THE GAME FOR LIFE FOR HAVING NO RESPECT.

Comment by so real 11.14.06 @

Ras Kass’s version (Rasassination) was better than both of these musically and lyrically … you should post that track up too, and then people can compare!

Ras’s version was produced by Stu B Doo, and dropped in 1998.

Comment by brock 11.23.06 @

Uh yeah K-Def had nothing to do with Up In Da Spot on El Da Senseis Unusual album.The 1st track of this year to use that beat which all u guys r arguing over was done by me.Money Mercilesz. K-Def worked on the same album with me, heard my beat changed the drums and sent it to puffy.Jus Blaze obviously heard the album later becuz he wasn’t working on it like K-Def then he took the same loop and did what he did.I aint mad i guess thats what happens when u aint hungry anymore, u use other peoples ideas to get u over.uhhh but yeah I did that beat 1st. Money Mercilesz check the album credits.

Comment by MONEY MERCILESZ 11.23.06 @

blaze and kanye did some very good beats but also lotta mainstream wack-ass bullshit!!k-def not!!

we gon make it it’s without no dout the outstanding tune on press play,word up!

completely bullshit are these so called star-producers like scott storch,pharrel,timbaland,will i am etc.etc. phuc em all!

K-DEF IS HIP HOP’S LIGHT!

Comment by mario 11.26.06 @

Ha. Just came on here to post that a producer called money merc had also used this on els albumn with kdef on it, no need hes been here himself. Dope albumn. K defs beat rock on is fresh.

And bmatt k defs got equal skills in my book.

Comment by gex 12.01.06 @

$$$$ M, shhhh. this is the big leauges. I know El Da Sensei did’nt clear his version with J.Pate. Keep it down, he might get sued. Anyway, i have El’s album, and your version was not tight on the drums. Any good producer worth his wieght, has this sample. I think it turned out good for both Just Blaze & K-Def.

Comment by don king 12.03.06 @

Kinda on topic-

Feeling The Game’s “Remedy” (Just Blaze produced) even though it out & out is a 2006 “Black Steel in the hour of Chaos” The shit just bangs so hard. Just Blaze is stealing ALOT of shit in 2006 but the joints are hotter than hell sometimes. If it sounds good I like it regardless what name is on it. Case in point: Will.I.Am.Wack, I hate his BEP’s and would kill them for a nickel but several of his recent beats have been nuts. I have a huge instrumental playlist on my iPod and Mac, Will and Blaze are in there reppin’.

Comment by Skylar 12.05.06 @

$$$$ M, i’m a fan of El Da Sensei, but your drums were not tight. also it sounded like 1993. shhhhh, i don’t think Fat Beats clears samples. and in this climate, he might get sued.

Comment by nickleback 12.05.06 @

Oh damn this is so childish of me but,thank you for buying my record and thank you for letting me know my drums arent tight. Maybe when you get a record out I can critique your drums.Oh shit son, Oh shit son lol.Naa but 4 real ain’t nobody wuda made that track if it wasn’t for me this year.U always got those who can’t do and this is a good forum to complain about nothing so i can’t be mad at u 2 neither. Check out my new shit with Royal Flush and Blitz. 1

Comment by MERCILESZ 12.06.06 @

Oh yeah i got some pretty girls on my friends page 2 so check out my myspace if u a hetero or a gay girl, it’s worth it. oh yeah i got some beats on there 2. lol

Comment by MERCILESZ 12.06.06 @

$$$$$ M, you’re here now. weak drums and all.Yeah, baby.

Comment by nickleback 12.07.06 @

I have to say all these songs are pretty good. I checked out this red bull school vid, robbie. Looks like Just was in your part of the hood. Just Blaze played hiself, once again. Brother, Mac’s are faster that PC’s. And with all those publishing checks you could buy the programs.You would not like it if everyone downloaded Saigon’s debut album for free, now would you.

Comment by debo 12.07.06 @

What up yall? Well like someone said “Rap is an art you don’t own no loops”, I believe that. i realize how many cats dig, me myself too, i knew i wasn’t the first with that beat. Iknew rass had it even the Cookie Crew from london had it. Video and all. It’s all competition. I love it. We all do cuz we wouldn’t discuss it. I never felt like oooooooooohh you bit. Bit what? Isaac or shaft? I like the sample for what it was. Not who had it first and who’ll flip it the best. It just shows me that no matter what level, underground or mainstream, i’m not too far gone from these dudes. Just less doe and no def jam. What’s to do? I have a whole album full of shit that no one has samples of. Elite dudes who gave me some good music. Saukrates, illmind, jake-one, Jrawls, and let’s not forget my man k-def. The rock it joint was to me that beat no one had. The sound was not like anything i heard before. I wanted to go all out on it. Not to mention right now we are working on an lp at his moment. Hopefully you all will support. In due time, soon come. Get ready. The Enforcers are coming. Thanx 4 the mentions and love good and bad. As long as you talk. Get it in coming soon to fatbeats this summer! I’m gone…..El the Sensei

Comment by el ds sensei 12.07.06 @

I Just want to give El some respect. man i feel you you said some real ish and you said it smooth no tot offend no one. good job. i don’t care what no one thinks should be up there with jay z cause you have the whole package. keep doing what you do. a fan for life.

Comment by so real 12.07.06 @

El, I saw you live several months back, dope show. Word up

Comment by Skylar 12.08.06 @

Ahh…
been reading this for a while just to see where it would end up going… Let’s be clear on a a few things. Yes I worked on Puff’s album. No I am not sitting in Daddy’s House listening to his album.. I have my own albums to work on and my own money to make. I did what i did for my record and kept it moving. Had I heard K-Def’s version before? No.. Have I heard El’s version before? Not even to this day.. But I will listen to it shortly.. No disrespect to El, me and him go back farther than any of you guys would ever realize, (Pipeline!!) but contrary to popular belief I’m not chasing down every indie rap release like i used to and the album, to be honest was off my radar. Didn’t even know it existed. As for the dude Money Merciless…you are giving yourself way too much credit b, in my case anyway. YOU are DEFinitely not on my radar.. I’d never even heard of you or your beat until you sent me those weird messages on myspace. Dancing around the subject instead of getting to the point.. Like “Heyyy THAT beat sounds famiLLLLLiarr.. i wonder when it was done..?” I’m sitting there like “Who is this guy… and wtf is he talking about?” Then someone sent me something you were saying on Hiphopgame.com.. and Im like oh .. here we go again.. You said it yourself.. You are the first producer to use it THIS year.. not the first producer to ever USE it.. I mean.. it was a B-boy/block party break anthem! thats maybe 2 steps away from being mad at someone for sampling Apache! (So i guess Diamond D should be slapping up Salaam Remi?! uhh no) I mean I dont know what transpired between you and K-Def as far as him hearing yours. But then I guess maybe Myself, K, AND Double-O from KIdz in the hall all got together and decided to jack your beat differenet ways? Are the Men In Black at your door with mind zappers too? That’s a whole lot of conspiracy right there brother.. and a reach if you really think about it… Truth is.. speaking of my radar.. I’d never even heard Ras’s version until all this hoopla started. No disrespect to Ras Kass either.. but the only Ras song I’ve EVER heard.. was that one with the beat from Dre’s “Been There Done That” video. That was dope.. but other than that.. I just aint never check for dude. And let’s be honest, If you was coming up around my way in Jersey back then.. you probably weren’t either… Not saying he was wack by ANY means.. but, around my way, we just weren’t checkin… Having heard his version since then, I appreciate it for what it is. He spit some things on it.. But that was what, 10 years ago? theres like a million records that have come out that have shared samples since then.. and you don’t have any of this drama. If this wasn’t a Jay Z comeback record.. this discussion wouldn’t even be taking place right now. Say what you want about coincidences, biting, jacking, etc. At the end of the day, I know I did my beat on my own and Double-O did his beat on his own. (SPeaking of which why isnt HIS on here too?) with neither of us finding out about the other until it came up in conversation a fe weeks b4 Show Me What You Got was finished. I mean if i bit him, we wouldn’t be making parody videos about it on Youtube… Maybe we’d be… aruging on message boards? haha. So let’s paint the real picture here.. Me/Double 0/Kdef (On our end) = coincidence. MM = Producer who made a good beat on a largely unknown but good album. It happens man..hell it’s happened to me! Nothing I can do.. , Unless you know the other folks involved and have spoken to them personally.. you can speculate.. But all these wild accusations have no base and are ultimately pointless. And oh yeah, last thing. I swore I’d never talk about this again just because it was old. But since it’s come back up (in some suprising places nonetheless), It has been said in some circles that I bit “Stay Real” for PSA.. (which is funny but I’ll get into that later) over some bad business that Buckshot did. Since Kool Kim and a few others have posted some war stories on here, I’ll post mine. EDIT: not giving the situation taht much light. It’s too long too type and aint that serious. On to the point. Yes, Back in maybe 97 there was some issues with Duck Down, not BEEF, but definitely some bad business tht was done. It happened, we moved on. Or so i thought. I mean I’ve even hung out and kicked it with a few Boot Camp members, no problems at all, (shouts to Smif n Wess n Rock) and whenever we’ve seen each other it’s all pounds and smiles. Pretty much still is… Anyway there’s one or 2 individuals that still feel that we heard “Stay Real” and bit it. All i can say is COME ON MANNN!! like really? Does anyone in their right mind think that after almost 10 years, touring the world, TENS of millions of records sold, millions of dollars made, and a few hundred records under my belt that I’m really sitting there grudging and holding on to some BS from 10 years ago?!!? Please man.. That’s gotta be like the pettiest thing I’ve ever heard of… anyone holding on to issues for that long needs to seek professional help immediately. Then there’s the story that Evil Dee gave personally gave me a copy of a breakbeat he used the sample on at a radio show in philly and I sampled that and put drums on it. Now I don’t know Evil Dee super well, but we’ve met and spoke at length on a few occasions (after both records came out) , and he seems like a pretty stand up dude… I’m pretty sure this story did not come from HIS mouth because point blank it never happened. I know that, and he knows that. I’ve never even been to a radio station in philly. Hell I’ve probably been in 5 radio stations my whole life. So for all you folks holding on to that one, let it go. Then there’s the story that someone gave Jay a copy of the Stay Real album one day at Hot 97 over the summer. While I can’t speak on that specifically, I can say that more than likely.. IF that happened. It went into that same stack of CD’s with all the other music Jay gets. I mean, the man barely has time to listen to his own artist’s music. And if he DID hear it, which i HIIIIIGHLY doubt, because we were on Roc The Mix tour at the time.. he wasnt thinking about that record when we did ours 5 months later. I did find out about Stay Real shortly after.. but at that point we weren’t going to pull the song off the album, we had to literally stop the presses at the plant to put it ON the album because it had already started manufacturing when we recorded it.. I’ve already spoken about how the record was actually made elsewhere.. find it if u care to read it. I could go on.. A LOT haha .. but thats enough. Take from it what you will. This isn’t beef, and it damn sure aint tough talk. It’s the truth and nothing more. Some people need to let go of their delusions of grandeur and self importance. We’re all in the same struggle and the wolrd doesnt revolve around any of us. Love and respect to El (we def gotta get up and talk Lo… i just caught a gem last night hit me on myspace) , Kidz, Robbie (nice site), and K-Def (The dopest underrated DJ/Producer of the mid 90s.. leavem froze like heron in ya nose? i still get chills when i hear it..) Let the hate begin!! (or continue i should say..)

Comment by JBTV 12.10.06 @

On a side note..speaking of coincidences.. Peep Game’s “The Remedy (good story about that one.. maybe one day) which i did.. and then peep the opening lines of the K-Def/Puff Track. FUnny how life works haha..

Comment by JBTV 12.10.06 @

Mercileczz….Merc’d

Share your story on the Remedy joint Son

The lyrics is the same because Game writes Diddlys lines sometimes cause Dee can’t write for shit.

Comment by Skylar 12.11.06 @

jus blaze is on here now? thass whats up. Im glad this thing really works and everyone can have a forum to talk about beats like this. this is hot.That shows that cats really care. I mean the funny thing is everbody has been chewing out K-Def and Jus Blaze much worse than me and im a young cat with little or no experience in this industry so I really take this stuff lightly.Everbody who knows me knows I made no money off that record.I’m jus happy I had a tangible something to contribute to the conversation 4 real.

Comment by MERCILESZ 12.11.06 @

btw this discussion couldn’t have happened during the Soul Clap, Fudge pudge,Funky Feel One,Uptown Anthem Days cuz there was no large use of the internet like how there is now and this is really hot I must say.Thank binary code for http.

Comment by MERCILESZ 12.11.06 @

$M, i think Just basically shut you down. Sending punk msgs, through myspace, is really not cool. BUt lets get back to the topic @ hand. Hip-Hop Music. With the East Coast waking up from its sleep, with a slap from Nas. Will they even care to try to reclaim thier part of the hip-hop pie.Are we going to get hotter music from the east, or a lot of division on the part of its artists.

Just you really need to lace El Da Sensei, with a hot joint. You repping Hip-Hop or New York only. If only for the name game, do it for Jersey.

Comment by victor doom 12.12.06 @

yeah theres a point.. there wasnt an online forum for things like that. (not widespread anyway) and while im sure somewhere, someone was saying.. hey “isnt that the same beat?”, I’m pretty sure (from experience) that the majority of the masses were too busy shaking something to notice… or care.. DJ’s definitely didn’t mind. And that’s not to say i condone blatant biting something someone else just did. But if you look at hip hop history.. coincidences happen. and they always will.. and just in case anyone thinks i just re-hooked “black steel” for game without any kind of meaning or at least a story to it. there’s a little more to it than that… like i said.. one day soon i’ll get into it. I’ll either post it here or @ my myspace blog.. being that i never use it.. one

Comment by JBTV 12.12.06 @

Victor you don’t know the whole story about the myspace messages.Jus like he said doesn’t know me so I had no way to ask him about the track unless it would be through myspace.I asked him if he had done that beat a long time ago or recently.He never responded.So then I sent another message telling him I had done the same Beat earlier in the year for El Sensei, still no response.I asked the man when he did the beat str8 up but never got a response.At this time honestly I jus chalked it up to coincidence but after hearing the 2 joints on hiphopgame.com I was like i got a beat just like that.Early. So basically that site and this site give me a place to post a link to my Myspace page and to promote myself and my music.Im sure U saw earlier when I said I was glad Jus responded to the entire “at it again” allegations. That means this forum really does work and that cats really do care about the music.thank 1′s and 0′s for http.

Comment by Mercilesz 12.12.06 @

actually.. i never got a msg asking me that directly at all.. only message i got was that really vague one. like i said.. something like “i wonder when that beat was done sounds famillllliar hmmmmm” that was it.. and then i saw your posts on hiphopgame about me AND double o biting you.. that was it. had to put it together myself. if you say u sent another message, myself, nor my assistants that run the page never saw it. Is what it is. Dead issue at this point.

Comment by JBTV 12.12.06 @

maybe his assistants erased them cuz i sent messages and comments at least 5 with no response and yeah its most definitely a dead issue cuz now i got my response.

Comment by Mo=ONEY MERCILESZ 12.12.06 @

i think jus and evil dee need to pay royalties to buckwild or OGEE (whoever looped it on the OC interlude) lol .. big ups to JB who flipped that hammer joint for jigga.. I tried to flip it before but wasnt able to . but blaze gets nuff respect for flippin that beat. K def is heavily slept on .. Mad props and “how nice i am” by world renown is da shyt by k def . robbbie if u have the latter please post . i might have to burn that .. paz

Comment by dolo 12.13.06 @

wow… so- where’s all the Blaze detractors now? This should be good. Or have y’all just realized that y’all were bein’ sample nazis tryin’ to build a case?

Comment by DanjaMania 12.13.06 @

my assts dont erase msgs.. i have them all from day 1.. all good.. and yeah. where are they? i was expecting a hatred onslaught. cmon ppl work with me here!!

Comment by JBTV 12.13.06 @

Yo, while you’re here and no one is skwalking, did you do the beat for Jay that flips the outro from Between the sheets? I allways wanted someone to loop that. Oh and thanks for hooking up that Redman “I cant wait” remix for me on cocaine blunts the other year.
Respect.

Comment by bse 12.13.06 @

Big ups to Just Blaze. Defenitely one of the best out right now. Stick around it’s good to see your opinions. AND keep those videos of you in the studio coming. They’re great. P.S. You were right about that line with Saigon. haha

… and I know a busy man like yourself probably would never have time, but hit me up aim… bbatsonshazam … I got something special you may be interested in having.

Comment by bbatson 12.13.06 @

Hate,i think peolpe are over it @ this point, we’re waiting to hear that classic LP, long over due from Saigon. East Coast needs to stop coasting and come up with some orignal ideas. Nas’s new album is not that far off from Jay-Z’s.Wack. The Black Repblican joint, is pretty lack luster.
its going take Ja Rule, to bring back that excitement? Come on, Saigon better have that heat, JB.

Comment by victor doom 12.14.06 @

Anyone else notice that JB-produced ‘Straight Path’ track off Memphis Bleek’s last album was photocopied straight from ‘Maybe One Day’ by Brand Nubian produced by Buckwild?

That said, I’d personally rather hear some recycled sample ish that someone already rocked than some lame keyboard shit any day…

Comment by H-Bomb 12.14.06 @

ok JB … i think Breathe was higly overrated lol, everyone swears by it but i dont see the big deal .. i like the fat joe joint u did better .. and when the hell is saigon droppin’ ??

Comment by dolo 12.14.06 @

anyone else notice that this guy doesnt know that nore used it for married to marijuana a few years before that? tsk tsk.. if u gona come out the gate swingin.. come with sum knowledge kid. penalty records xmas double vinyl.. one red one green.

Comment by JBTV 12.15.06 @

Lil’ Jon is coming to son you all…. be warned

Comment by Skylar 12.15.06 @

still both songs kinda sucked

Comment by Bang 12.15.06 @

I just been listening to K Def’s beats on his site and he’s sampled something I’ve been wanting to use for a while. No thing though as I believe someone sampled it almost 10 years agao anyways…. But it would’ve been nice to be first!

Comment by The Average Man 12.15.06 @

“i was expecting a hatred onslaught. cmon ppl work with me here!!”

Not exactly a hatred onslaught, just a few comparisons:

Battle of the Breaks 2 – Rap Remakes

Comment by Robbie 12.18.06 @

Anytime is music especially in hip hop where sampling is big there will be times when producers use the same samples. About 2 weeks before I heard “Oh My God” off Kingdom Come I had sampled The Allman Brothers “Whippin Post” which I figured out was used on Kingdom Come but I had sampled the track a whole different way. I can not get mad when I see this happen because most of the time it is just a coincidence. These are the risks you take when you sample, so you can deal with it or complain about it.

Comment by TriKx 01.03.07 @

well he definitley isnt biting think about it its a sample they are all copying its just the fact of who does it the best and obviously it is just blaze hands down.

Comment by marlon gaines 01.04.07 @

El sounds like he’s running 100 meter dash on a 50 meter track.I maintain that K-Defs version is better,it’s filtered lovely and not overblown and weighed down with fluff.

Comment by respected_user 03.03.07 @