Shot Homeboy In The Fucking Face

Beastie Boys bring the speaker-smashing noise back in their classic “brat-attack” mode with Rick Rubin doing his finest to ruin and reduce. When they stopped having girls in cages on stage they fell the fuck off.

Beastie Boys - “Scenario”

I had no idea how much of an influence they had on early N.W.A. recordings until I just heard this track again. I forgot ALL ABOUT IT. “Smokin’ my crack?”. No wonder that joint never got released.

One.

Comment by Dart_Adams 02.18.08 @

I’ll readily admit, their last hip hop effort was a throw-away, but “Ill-Comm” and “Hello Nasty” are classics.

Comment by phantomfoetus 02.18.08 @

don’t act like paul’s boutique isn’t classic.

Comment by bakedziti 02.18.08 @

now who’s got that Beatles cover that was gettin’ heavy spins around the same time on alternative rock radio until they got the cease and desist?
I might be wrong about that one… but I remember something like that… Robbie’s right, their performance of Desperado in Tougher than Leather was pretty much the peak of their career

Comment by Murgatroid 02.19.08 @

this track (scenario) was also featured in the movie Pump Up the Volume starring Christian Slater, where he introduces the jam on his pirate radio show by saying, “Here’s a tune from some close personal friends of mine, the Beastie Boys,” and then proceeds to rap along emphasizing “smoking my crack” and “shot homeboy in his fucking face!” Hollywood Hardcore

Comment by Murgatroid 02.19.08 @

This song has a heavy Schooly D influence. But I would say their last great album was Ill Communication.

Comment by turtle 02.19.08 @

Schoolly D knew the time!

Comment by dust blunts 02.20.08 @

Paul’s Boutique and 3 Feet High changed everything within the space of about 6 months back in ’89. ANd yes, they should have stopped raping (or is that rapping?) some time around ’94.

Surprising they have never really brought through many young artists, MMMike, Cypress and Money Mark were all doin pretty well before they hooked em up. And Ben Lee, man what’s with that?!

I remember that Christian Slater movie from when I was little, didn’t realise it was that old!

Comment by Sheriff Rosco 02.21.08 @

yeh that Ben Lee thing is weird, that guy is kinda funny looking

Comment by Liam 02.23.08 @