Filed under: Albums,Killa Queens,Newest Latest,Not Your Average,Reviews,Steady Bootleggin',Video Clips
Written by: Robbie Ettelson
No doubt you’ve been following Prodigy ‘s antics in recent times. In between his usual antics, “Field Marshal P” has gone and followed-up the surprisingly enjoyable Return Of The Mac with H.N.I.C. 2, which I assumed was gonna be a pile of steaming horse shit. Turns out it’s one of the most entertaining records I’ve heard in a long time. Let me break it down:
1. The Cover – Not only do we get a bunch of Streetwear P‘s posing in various garish outfits, but he’s added little hand-drawn syringes, pills, bottles of booze and even dice!
2. The Booklet – Lyric Book P kindly included his complete lyrics for your reading pleasure: “Yo P I can rhyme/ 50 Cent did it, I can do this shit too/ But you not 50, he a individual”. Say word.
3. He calls himself “a handsome shooter” and describes himself as “the skateboarder, surfboarded, snowboarder”. Surfboard P is gnarly, broseph!
4. Claims that he was in the car when his pops robbed a jewelery store when he was eight years old. It’s unclear whether or not he was driving the getaway car himself.
5. Includes a bonus “Spanish” version of “A.B.C.” which is just certain lines translated and spoken by some robot voice.
6. The Beats – Alchemist and Sid Roames deliver some seriously dope music, which reminds me of a 70’s horror flick (in a good way).
7. Responds to lyrical shots from Nas and Jay with: “You thought something sweet? Believe Jay if you want/Ga head beleive Nas or whoever you choose/You come on over here and you gonna see the truth”. That’ll learn ’em, right?
8. Halfway through “Young Veterans” it sounds like he’s rapping underwater. That’d be another first for this trailblazer.
9. Includes a prison yard photo of his pops, which is so ignorant that it it wins.
10. Despite the fact that Illuminati P can barely string two words together and hardly even bothers to actually rhyme during many verses, this shit is nuttier than anything Ol’ Dirty ever did. Straightjacket P for the win!
Prodigy – “Young Veterans”
“Dirty New Yorker” video:
10 Comments so far
Leave a comment
Leave a comment
Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>