Where Are They Now – Eric B.
Wednesday July 16th 2008,
Filed under: Features,Strong Island,Video Clips,Where Are They Now?

You know how you’re always hanging out, wondering out loud, ‘I wonder what Eric B. is up to these days?’ No? Maybe it’s just me. But thanks to the wonders of Wikipedia, this question has been answered:

Eric is now the owner of 47 restaurants throughout the U.S. including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, California, Texas, Washington DC, and most recently, Pennsylvania. Residing in a 57,000 sq. ft. palatial manor, Eric has become the ideological musician turned entrepreneur turned royalty and has truly taken his hit song Eric B. is President to fruition. With a car collection featuring seven Rolls Royce vehicles, including the famed Rolls Royce featured on the cover of Follow the Leader, Eric’s vehicular menagerie features a Rolls Royce Phantom, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, and many other sought-after cars and trucks.

Recently featured on MTV Cribs, Eric B’s home, with a staff of 14 grounds keepers, chefs, maids, and security staff, was influenced by oriental design.

In 2007 Eric was honored by the President of the United States with an invitation to the White House where he met President George W. Bush, the First Lady and other dignitaries.

Eric B. For The Win!

Eric B. & Rakim ‘I Ain’t No Joke’ video:

wow… he’s doing big [imaginary] things for himself

Comment by dustin 07.16.08 @

I wish I had a “vehicular menagerie”

Comment by Liam 07.16.08 @

It’s cool he took what he made and did something realistic with it.

Comment by haroon 07.16.08 @

why the f was he invited to the white house?

Comment by say what 07.16.08 @

I’m Speechless!

Comment by Renbo slice 07.16.08 @

Wasn’t Rakim locked up outside a LI show for not paying child support? Damn, at least we know who invested the money better!

Comment by BIGSPICE 07.16.08 @

Eric picks ‘Maid of the Day’

Comment by ED209˚ 07.17.08 @

Shheeeeet, and here’s me thinking that for all these years he’s been an NYC taxi driver….

Comment by Disorda 07.17.08 @

wow…just, wow!

the rest i can easily believe, but ‘honoured by bush’ part blew my mind.

eric b for president!

Comment by KQ 07.17.08 @

ever thought that as with a lot of wikipedia entries this or at least parts of it could be made up?

Comment by JonnySimps 07.17.08 @

^ I was unable to confirm any of this elsewhere, so it’s possible that this info is bullshit. Then again, Eric was always on top of his paperwork, so I’m sure he’s not mopping floors right now.

Comment by Robbie 07.17.08 @

I don’t know if any of this is true, I hope it is, it would be good to know that a pioneer in the game is living well. I was telling my man that I thought it was disrespectful for VH1’s Hip Hop Honors to “honor” Rakim without “honoring” Eric B; Ra hasn’t really had any musical impact since splitting with Eric; his glory days were definitley as a duo.

Comment by bronxbred 07.17.08 @

while im sure eric b is doing just fine, but i havent seen his crib on no mtv and why the hell would the president invite him over? but the idea of him w/ a palacial estate and a menagerie of cars sits well with me

Comment by cocotaso 07.17.08 @

Of course it’s all true, he lives just up the street from Parish Smith, Dinco D, and DJ Yella, who’ve all gone on to have lucrative careers in the background whilst everybody thought they were as broke as fizuck.

Comment by End Level Boss 07.17.08 @

Eric B has said. “There wasn’t no break records that couldn’t be found. Downstairs Records used to provide all of them. Now Stanley is the king of the beats.”

Scott La Rock, who was killed in a shooting incident said, “Every day I devote time to looking for music. If you wanna get paid, you gotta work for it. Rap music, a lot of people say rappers can’t do nothing. You do rap records, all rap is is the message you give it and borrowing beats and music from other records. That’s what makes rap records. I don’t worry about the law… “You can’t stop what it is. You can’t tell me, ‘Oh, you’re gonna go to jail.’ Fuck that. If I don’t do it, the kid down the block is gonna do it. That’s it.”

John Leland & Steinski , 1988 . COPYRIGHT © FACE MAGAZINE

Comment by ScubaHoodedFuneral 07.17.08 @

Where Are They Now – Eric B: Writing his own Wikipedia entry

Comment by Big Joe Krash 07.17.08 @

I dont wanna hear anything bad about Eric B – dude inspired to want to be a DJ me when I was 10 years old!

Comment by step one 07.17.08 @

I want to know what restaurant chain he supposedly owns…

I really hope this is true though.

Comment by Headlock 07.17.08 @

wow big ups to downstairs records which if its still open is now upstairs…ha ha….oh yeah peace to rock and soul too. rip beat street…im out

Comment by mercilesz 07.17.08 @

This is crap.
He is doing some work teaching underpriveliged kids to DJ.
He DOES have two toasters though..

Comment by beatlover 07.18.08 @

A menagerie of toasters?

Comment by Chip 07.18.08 @

CH CH CH CH check out My Margerine.

Comment by beatlover 07.18.08 @

Here’s a recent posting on what Eric B’s been up to. Making a positive change: http://www.nj.com/newark/index.ssf/2008/06/producer_wraps_life_lessons_in.html

Comment by Jeff 07.18.08 @

LOL, it is Eric B editing his own Wikipedia article, you lames.

Comment by The Octacat 07.18.08 @

^ Fail.

Comment by Robbie 07.18.08 @

Eric B. said. “I am alive and well. The only person I am dead to is Jay-Z, he never returns my phone calls.”

Same here Eric…same here. Pick up J. Its ME!

Comment by ED209˚ 07.18.08 @

Eric B. was, I’m sure, a large contributor to the Republican party, hence getting himself honoured by the Bush and invited to the White House. The saying “Ni@@az change” is appropriate here.

Comment by Fosterakahunter 07.20.08 @

“Eric B For The Win!”

LOL… Robbie, you stole that from all of the anime and video game fans. But, then again, maybe it originated in “Hollywood Squares” or “Tic Tac Dough.” Game Show Network FTW!

Huh… I didn’t know Sherlock Holmes was still alive.

Considering how much money Jay-Z makes and how famous he’s become, I’m not surprised at him forgetting the “little people” every once in a while. But, then again, it might be a personal thing, when you acknowledge how Eric B was always associated with Rakim, and Jay-Z did some live performances/joints with Big Daddy Kane back in the day (Ra used to diss Kane in some of his records (the unreleased “Hypnotic” and original version of “Let the Rhythm Hit ‘Em” come to mind)… interesting connection).

Comment by DLRB 07.20.08 @

Oh… I almost forgot:

BUTTER > MARGARINE OVER 9000!!!

Comment by DLRB 07.20.08 @

And you can’t say that Rakim didn’t have any good songs without Eric B, additionally. “Guess Who’s Back?” and “Who is God?” were pretty nice (the latter being an EXCELLENT demonstration of his vocabulary).

Comment by DLRB 07.20.08 @

Comment by DLRB 07.20.08 @

LOL so you think Jay is taking some subliminal Kane disses Rakim layed down over ten years ago to heart so much that he’d snub Rakim AND Eric B? Based on what? That they performed together occasionally? Van Damme, put the pipe down!

Comment by Black Stabbath 07.24.08 @

Does anyone know where Eric B lives or the name of his Restaurants. I am trying to locate Eric B. so he can see his son that is now 9 years old. The last time we spoke was in 2004 or 2005. Eric was in Las Vegas and called for me to bring his son to visit, however got really upset when I told him that my husband would be coming with us! Our son need to know who his biological father is, siblings, and other family.Also he has NEVER paid child Support! It is time that he do what is right. Eric if you read this get in touch with me, My cell number is the same and I am listed. I want to save you from the embarrassment so please contact me.

Comment by Ann Marie Barlow 02.27.11 @

“Eric was in Las Vegas and called for me to bring his son to visit, however got really upset when I told him that my husband would be coming with us”

“Also he has NEVER paid child Support!”

” I want to save you from the embarrassment so please contact me”.

hey skank why dont u take that up w/ Eric B personally being that you trying to “save him from the embarrasment”.

Comment by QUITDABS 02.27.11 @