LL, Large and Daddy-O Talk About Mikey D
Monday December 01st 2008,
Filed under: In The Trenches,Killa Queens,Steady Bootleggin',Video Clips

Not sure when this is coming out but anything involving the history of Queens rap is essential.

Mikey D & The LA Posse - ‘Peep It’ (Produced by Paul C.)

See Also: Mikey D Vs Melle Mel

Mikey D – The Unkut Interview

LL Cool J – The Unkut Interview

This is why I love this site!!!! Man I remember Mikey D telling RaPages back in the days that LL stole his whole look and style,and he remembered LL having a Gheri curl and tight white shorts during their battle.He went on to say that LL wore a Kangol all those years to cover up his disappearing hair line as a result of having a bad curl.Classic.I have to see this documentary.

Comment by Roger Jones 12.01.08 @

What’s up with Divshare?

Comment by shamz 12.01.08 @

I’m from BK, and Mikey D’s reputation as an ill mc was pretty deep. I was in high school in the 80′s and his name was ringing bells back then. no mtv, no hot 97, mannnn….no SOURCE MAGAZINE! Just lyrics, talent and hip hop respect. Big up, Mikey D. I hope this comes out and includes vintage footage of him mc’in.

Comment by DOC SAMSON 12.02.08 @

thats that shit Robbie.

Mikey D is a legend.

Someone needs to punch Melle Mel in the face.

I needs that DVD

Comment by AFFEX 12.03.08 @

YO THATS OFF THE METER RIGHT THERE! I REMEMBER THAT BATTLE WITH MEL! YO BUT THAT CAT MIKEY D! I USED TO CHECK HIM OUT WHENEVER I COULD. I WAS ALWAYS ON THAT RYME FOR RYME INTRICATE ARTICULATE MULTISYLIBILEITIC STUFF. LOVE IT!

Comment by SILVER FOX125 06.04.10 @

Much props to Mikey D.. I battled him in 1989 outside of WBAU— I took him out–but he was ALL THAT!

-Greenie
Krs-One’s 2010 APprentice (“It’s ALL Good” the CD)

Comment by andrew greenstein 04.21.11 @