Five Recent Songs That Don’t Suck

Every now and then, new stuff comes out that I don’t hate. These are some of those moments…

Delta feat. Milano - ‘Mean’

Adelaide, Australia meets Uptown, NYC. Taken from The Second Story, out now.

FT - ‘I’m Back’

Black Milk on the beats for this entry from the Purple Pain mixtape.

Nutrageous - ‘Cruisin’ In NYC’

French Scottish producer Jay Large laces Flushing’s Nut. From The Red Zone EP.

El Michels Affair - ‘Shimmy Shimmy Ya’

Live remakes of Wu-Tang classics? Approved!

Freestyle Professors - ‘Grit Dat Grime’

The latest installment from these Bronx Bombers, taken from the Confuse A Few EP (limited edition vinyl).

glad to hear FT is back!

Comment by Kyu 05.07.09 @

was that purple pain tape mixed at all? I had to force mono the whole time cause i can’t listen to music when the bass only comes from the left. It’s a dope little record though.

I wish mixtape dj’s cared a little more about Sound Quality. Is it really that hard to layoff a copy at 320? I’m not even asking for lossless, I should be, but I’m not. This is also why one shouldn’t buy music digitally.

Comment by bkbs 05.07.09 @

Did the recent Problemz/Honda collabo LP slip under your radar? Just wondering, because if not I couldn’t undesrtand why you wouldn’t add “Give It Up” to the list

Comment by reiser 05.07.09 @

Props to Unkut for making the Vibe list. I would have put y’all in the top 5 though.

@bkbs: I agree! When will the internet learn to post/share wavs?

Comment by hotbox 05.07.09 @

I’m pretty sure that this Jay Large dude is not from France – more like from Scotland

Comment by Blanco 05.07.09 @

^ You’re right. I got him mixed up Get Large for some reason.

@reiser Yeah it did. I’ll give it a listen.

Comment by Robbie 05.08.09 @

It is possible to fix a bad mono/stereo track with a wave editor like Audacity (free app). Convert the track to mono and then convert back to stereo.

Comment by eric 05.09.09 @

Robbie – thanks for the heads up on the El Michels – soundtrack to the illest Wu gangster flik that never was.

Comment by ED209˚ 05.10.09 @