Mixtape: Paul C. Lives, Vol. 1
Sunday June 07th 2009,
Filed under: Crates,Large Pro For Prez,Mix Tapes,Steady Bootleggin'

Grab this mix dedicated to Paul C. Mckasty (1964-1989) here.

Tracklisting:

13. A Thing Named Kim- Biz Markie
14. Comin’ in the House- Mikey D and the LA Posse
15. Interlude
16. Give The Drummer Some- Ultramagnetic MC’s
17. Ladies First- Queen Latifah Feat Monie Love
18. Got To Get Paid- Live ‘n’ Effect Posse
19. Cooling One Day- Simply II Positive (Organized Konfusion)
20. Stop The World- Black, Rock & Ron
21. Louder- Sport “G” & Mastermind
22. Pelon- 360 Degrees
23. Can’t Get Enough- Black By Demand
24. Outro

This is awesome. Thanks.

Comment by bacemonk 06.08.09 @

whoah….he produced all those tracks?

Comment by Mercilesz 06.08.09 @

Yeah, even though he was only credited as engineer on some of them…the Rakim beat was remade by Large based on hearing Paul’s early version.

Comment by Robbie 06.08.09 @

big props on that.

Comment by swordfish 06.08.09 @

thanks a million for this.

Comment by pr2 06.08.09 @

didnt know that oh yeah wtf is up with that black eyed peas commercial? aren’t they dead yet?

Comment by Mercilesz 06.08.09 @

@Mercilesz: Fergie is the GOAT. She’s 3008, you’re 2 thousand and late.

Comment by Robbie 06.08.09 @

Great piece of history. Paul C is really The Godfather of sound. Absolutely in love with music he made for Stezo and Casanova Rud albums and STP demo. And of course Critical Beatdown The GOAT. Got this mix while back from TROY blog.

Comment by andrewfromrussia 06.08.09 @

Lol at Fergie comments. Met her in Moscow, she’s really cute and lookin younger than on TV.

Comment by andrewfromrussia 06.08.09 @

Yeah, even though he was only credited as engineer on some of them…

How can you be sure he was the creative force behind those beats where he was only credited as engineer? “Ladies First” for example sounds like a typical 45 King track to me.

Comment by Lotuz 06.08.09 @

@Lotuz: ‘Ladies First’ was a co-production, but for a lot of the older stuff it was common practice for the engineer to do the production work, just ask DJ Doc.

Comment by Robbie 06.08.09 @

Great article about Paul C here:

Comment by andrewfromrussia 06.08.09 @

Thanks for the link to that article.

Comment by Lotuz 06.08.09 @

That article is nice, I have it in the original Grand Slam magazine. Didn’t realize TROY Blog posted this mix last year though, dude sent it to me just today.

Comment by Robbie 06.08.09 @

glad i missed her…I always liked Cha Rock better anway

Comment by Mercilesz 06.08.09 @

anybody got the heartbeat brothers – bring in the bassline in mp3? that shit slams

Comment by mega montana 06.11.09 @

I got a question.
I d/l this mix and burned to a cd. (I dont have an mp3 player). Some tracks are digitally distorted.
The distortion moves with the tracks and is not random. is this because some tracks are from vinyl and some are mp3s?
i read somewhere that multiple recoding causes distortion but I have very little experience with mp3s so I dont know whats the deal.
Btw I burned 2 discs both are the same. Is this just bad luck or has someone else had the same issue.
Kinda sucks cos its a great mix and I dont have some of the songs in my record collection.
Any help greatly appreciated.
P

Comment by PR2 06.15.09 @

Yo what up my Hip Hop family. My name is Jovon I am the artist on Live N’ Effect Posse’s “We Got To Get Paid” and let me tell you first have Paul C was hotter than a mofo make no mistake about. Producing and engineering……REAL TALK

Comment by Anthony "Iyce" Shropshire aka Jovon 08.08.10 @