M.O.P. – Foundation Snippets

After checking out the Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II snippets at Amazon1 (via nation), I ran across something that actually got me even more amped…

M.O.P. Foundation snippets

Fiyyyaaaahhhhhh!

1. 1. Is it just me or is it weird that the Rae snippets use the beats/loops from Pete Rock & Royal Flush‘s ‘Questions’, Tragedy‘s ‘The Message’, OC‘s ‘Jewelz’ and an M.O.P. song that I can’t place right now?[back]

dope album in prevision. commercial fail, sad.
critical acclaim probably. Mash Out Posse !

Comment by R 08.22.09 @

I feel like someone just kicked the plug out from hiphop’s life support, damn. the only good beats on cuban II are songs 7 – 10 and yeah the m.o.p. album has some good songs but the fact that they got auto tune on one of the songs makes me want to completely give up on hiphop…

Comment by JP 08.22.09 @

U crazy, OB4CL2 sounds sick, so does the new MOP. And yea Autotune is beyond played out, but just cause Jigga called it out don’t mean anybody that uses it now is wack. Remember Kool G Rap used it in “My Life” a few years ago, I didn’t hear any complaints then. EPMD used it, Redman used it. Vocoder/Autotune effects been sprinkled in Hip-Hop since forever, don’t knock MOP just cause its played out now.

Comment by tres 08.22.09 @

the mop link aint workin

i dont know how OB4CL2 album gonna sound but i do know this rae ‘cuban revolution’ mixtape go hard

Comment by dj blendz 08.22.09 @

(c)Pause :)

Comment by dj blendz 08.22.09 @

^ Link fixed.

Comment by Robbie 08.23.09 @

No, Autotune is automatic wackness and was long before Hov said a word about it. T-Pain is a corny motherfucker and completely talentless. When Nas and Nick Cannon put out that Watermelon-eating shucking-and-jiving song T-Pain was pissed that they stole his next single.

Comment by MK 08.23.09 @

m.o.p.ish is dope.demarco is an dancehall artist
who is always messin wit autotune.
rae album’s dope too. but too long. he should
have done two.one for da wu heads and one with his
newer stuff and ‘progressive’ beats

Comment by swordfish 08.23.09 @

Stop Pushin needs a 12″ release – loved that since No Talent Required.

Comment by Beatlover 08.23.09 @

Rae track 12 is practically the same beat Papoose used on ‘Gangstas In The Building’ too.

Comment by End Level Boss 08.23.09 @

Robbie your the biggest critic and ya saying the new MOP is fiyahhh…its got some good joints but its not what i’d been waiting for all these years…not enough preem…too many synthy joints…was expecting more…still MOP rule shit!!!!!

Comment by dialect 08.23.09 @

NO ITS NOT WEIRD THAT PETE ROCK DID THAT SINCE HE IS A LAZY CLOWN WHO DOESNT CARE. HE USED THAT BEAT FOR THE UN FOR A JOINT CALLED DOPE ON A ROPE BEFORE ROYAL FLUSH. I GUESS RAE DIDNT HEAR NYFINEST OR PETE FORGOT THAT HE GAVE THE BEAT TO ROYAL FLUSH. WHAT A FUCKING CLOWN!!!

Comment by haha 08.24.09 @

cuban links 2 is obviously old material from the years since the album was supposed to be out years ago.

Comment by wow 08.24.09 @

The M.O.P. sounds dope, I’m not hating on that autotone track it could have been way worse..i haven’t brought anything hiphop in about a year but I think I gotta support Fame & Danzine..The Rae snippets are down, I guess bad feedback made em remove them before the album looses more potential buyers

Comment by 357 NYC 08.24.09 @

The Cuban Linx 2 snippets sounded weak to me, but I was expecting it. What sounds good to me hasn’t changed over the years and it’s apparent that a lot of older artists don’t put as much effort into their rhymes or beats as they did in the ‘good old times.’

Will still get a lot of people hyping this half ass shit when the album drops and after that they will never bring it up again, I predict anyway.

Need to check out that MOP though.

Comment by silent minority 08.24.09 @

It is highly important to point out that Autotune in NO WAY = Vocoder. They are two completely different things.

Comment by somebody 08.27.09 @

i copped Cuban Links 2 and Foundation the same day. I listened to CL2 first then threw Foundation on. Been rockin Foundation ever since. CL2 is very dope but Foundation is on some other shit.

Comment by lowlife007 10.16.09 @