Win Tickets To Noisemakers: Talib Kweli
Thursday October 15th 2009,
Filed under: Announcements,Competitions

If you want to catch Peter Rosenberg having an extended chat with Talib Kweli for the next installment of the Noisemakers series in New York on October 21, leave you’re best Talib story/anecdote/memory in the comment section to this post. Winners will be announced first thing Monday 19 October, 2009.

When I saw him in concert, during the ending of the show he first invited some girls on stage. They danced, Kweli chilled and Hi Tek spun some smoothe shit.

After a while he asked other people to get on stage for getting autographs. I climbed up there, got my concert ticket signed and Kweli didn’t want to take a hit off my blunt. He asked some people to get backstage for taking pics, but I declined. Fucker wouldn’t puff on my blunt >_>

Comment by Sickness 10.15.09 @

One time, me and Talib Kweli killed some hookers.

Good times.

Sent from Dalla Penn’s Blackberry.

Comment by Bang 10.15.09 @

fuck that fat heeb douche rosenberg…

sent from er4se’s iphone

Comment by er4se 10.16.09 @

you asked an mc for an autograph? fuckouttahere.

Comment by ben profane 10.16.09 @

first time i saw kweli was at rock the bells at randalls island when wu-tang and rage played. It was pouring rain the entire day and kweli came out right after mos def and killed it! there was some pretty ridiculous mud wrestlin and blunt tokin goin on when he started “get em high” hahaha definitly a sick dude too see, just wish him and mos did the entire black star set.

Comment by pretty toney 10.16.09 @

One day I saw Kweli hanging with that singer RES downtown on Spring Street over by Union. She went to look in the store so Kweli was just sitting there like dudes do when they girl is shopping.
I went over gave him dap and he was a real down to earth dude like you would imagine he was at one time.
I remember we started to talk about that song “sweet memories” and visualizing your destiny, when he dropped:
By the time you hear this, I’ll be basking in African sun
Like Wow!
We made it
We here
Apparently he was sincerely appreciative that I took the time to talk about this topic, cause it was just like connecting with the dude that you listen to in your headphones on the train.
Meant something to me, meant something to him.
Simple as that, chance encounter-turned golden hip hop “sweet memory”.

Comment by keatso 10.17.09 @

At a concert (SOB’s – I think) I snuck to where his and Mos’ dressing room was, pushed some autograph seekers away, and when Kweli’s security dude came over, I told him I was “okay player security.” Dude actually believed me and I got to chill there and watch the door. It was funny because I was actually letting people in/denying people at the door. When Kweli was getting ready to leave I talked to him for about 5 minutes, and he must have been thinking “who the fuck is this asshole?” Man I love Vodka

Comment by BIGSPICE 10.17.09 @