Filed under: Announcements,Classic Ignorance,Conservative Rap Coalition,Not Your Average,The Unkut Opinion,Unkut Originals
Written by: Robbie Ettelson
Just to end things off on a positive note…
1. Less Red Tape – You wanna know what the one upside of nobody selling records is? No one is going to sue you for uncleared samples if your album only sells 7,000 copies! More sampling = better beats.
2. The West Is The Best – Some of the more interesting new MC’s to make some noise this year were from the left coast. Fashawn, Nipsey, Blu, Jay Rock and ’em all did some nice work over some quality production. Considering that Unkut is the home of ‘East-Coast Elitism’, they must be doing something right to make a blip on the radar.
3. New Music Due From NY Rappers Who Don’t Suck – Although we might be waiting a while, the possibility of new music from Roc Marciano, Killa Sha, Hard White, Boss Money, Black Rob, Sadat X and Sean Price may prevent me from cutting my ears off with a rusty razor blade in 2010.
4. Contemporary Jeep Music – Alchemist and Sid Roams kept snapping necks with their superior combination of cutting-edge beats based on classic rap foundations. ALC’s work on Rae’s ‘Surgical Gloves’ and Big Twins ‘I Wanna Be Down’ and Roams Zombie Musik album demonstrated hard beats done right.
5. Jay-Z Dies – If, by some unfortunate freak of nature – say, some tragic yachting accident should take the life of S. Carter after Jaz-O is seen tampering with the rudder – we will be subjected to ten years of tribute albums, songs of unused accapella’s matched with verses of rappers he hated while he was alive and literal borrowing of lines from his catalog by all the new heirs to the throne. Not to wish harm on anybody, but maybe Jigga dedications will put an end to the endless Biggie and Tupac memorials.
6. The World Premier of the first official Unkut Dot Com Mixtape….
16 Comments so far
Leave a comment
Leave a comment
Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>