Ten Classic Killa Sha Solo Shots
Tuesday January 19th 2010,
Filed under: Features,Killa Queens,Killa Sha Special,Rest In Peace,Steady Bootleggin'

Photo: Alexander Richter

I’ve decided to dedicate the rest of this week to the god Sha Lumi, since he was criminally under-appreciated while was here. To set things off as we celebrate how he put it down, here are ten of my favorite Killa Sha solo moments…

‘Air’

Hyper back-ups + knowledge dropped + god-body status + ill beat + fat girl reference = The perfect Sha song.

‘Acknowledge The Vet’

Lumi dominates the mic over a quality J-Love beat.

‘Cash’

Twist some sour and pour a Jameson to this one. That vocal sample is fuckin’ nuts.

‘Black Eminem Freestyle’

A show-and-prove session from the hilariously-titled Black Eminem mixtape.

‘Art of War’

One of the highlight’s of the superior HNIO mixtape.

‘Do My Thang’

A cut from Lakey‘s 41st Side compilation. You can’t lose with the ‘Marley Scratch’ drums.

‘School Remix’

Sha did this over Masta Killa‘s beat for a remix that never got an official release for one reason or another.

‘Stand and Cheer’

A dope J-Love mixtape exclusive.

‘Nightshiftin’

A Marley Marl production from their aborted album project.

‘Analyze’

The Prince AD riffs over the fake Nas/Jay-Z colab track from the Da Billy Colez Story mixtape.

Next Up: Ten Sha Lumi Guest Spots That Win…

Loved his style from the first time i heard him on future flavas freestylin as Prince AD….wish we couldve had more hopefully the album with Extra P will get out there to the masses….Rest in Power Killa

Comment by Unseen the God 01.19.10 @

real recognize real.1

Comment by swordfish 01.19.10 @

I remember I heard Killa Sha on a Dream Team Mixtape. He was in a group with the Killa Kids. Classic Shit. When I heard about his passing, I was really hurt. Allah makes no mistakes. God Bless Sha-Lumi! One Love!

Comment by KAYSON 01.19.10 @

Thanks for sharing the “GODS” gems. A very sad loss!
Thoughts go out to his family & friends.

Comment by Lenny Dunn 01.19.10 @

R.I.P
Deep Thoughts off ThoroTracks “The Saga Begins”
Sha punishes it!!
Thanks Robbie

Comment by PetePablo 01.19.10 @

Thanks Robbie, you were actually the first person I thought of when I heard that Sha had passed and would be doing a great tribute post.

Comment by Jaz 01.19.10 @

That NightShiftin Kut is Crazy ….

R.I.P. LUNI the Great ..

Comment by Killahh bee Dublin 01.21.10 @

“Ten Sha Lumi Guest Spots That Win…”

Stiil waitin’ for that post!

Comment by Steve 02.11.10 @

Most definitely @ Steve… Sha Lumi’s got quite the rap sheet in terms of appearances. Most notably, to me: “QU Soldier” (W/ Tragedy Khadafi), “‘Maica Living'” (W/ Large Professor & Guardian Leep), “Live From Studio B” (W/ thePhantom*, Mr. SOS & Abeo Rzo), “Pain Language [Remix]” (W/ Planet Asia), “Communications” (W/ KL (Screwball)), “W.W.T.” (W/ Cam’ron, RZA & Tragedy Khadafi), “Contra” (W/ Jedi Mind Tricks), “One Hand Wash The Other” (W/ Tragedy Khadafi & Trife Da God)”, “Stick & Move” (W/ Born Unique & Ill Bill) & “Mind State” (W/ Tragedy Khadafi).

Comment by Breaks 12.03.10 @