Filed under: Face Off,Features,Not Your Average,The Unkut Guide,Video Clips,Vote Or Die
Written by: Robbie Ettelson
In an attempt to stand-out from the crowd in the ever-expanding rap world, many rappers have adapted catchy phrases and ad-libs. Some are memorable, some are annoyingly addictive and others…not so much. Here’s some of the first ones that we thought of…thanks to Legend for the assist.
OJ Da Juiceman:
Let’s be honest, this has no place on any ‘Best’ list. Shit sounds like a gay chihuahua barking.
Ortiz is nice, but damned if I have any idea what the significance of this catch-cry is. Maybe it’s the BK version of Fred Flintstone‘s ‘Yabba Dabba Doo!’?
If for nothing else, Jimmy will be forever remembered as a pioneer in introducing metro fashion and funny jeans to the rap game.
Before the Juiceman ripped him off, Santana was holding it down for all the rapping pirates.
Max B –
Is this the part where I type ‘Free Wavy Crocket’?
Master P –
Best cover of a Masterdon Committee song ever. Actually, it’s the only one.
When Baby isn’t lip-locking with Weezy, he’s making pigeon noises.
I suspect Radric has spent a lot of time watching Bring It On.
Cot damn that was tough to transcribe. We thought YUGHK! originally, but it turns out EGHCK! is the official. I can die happy now, huh?
An originator of the rap catchphrase, this may be one of the best known intro phrase since $hort Dog.
This may be the most effective audio signature ever.
The original and the best.
He may have changed his handle to the more radio-friendly Cam’Ron, but we’re constantly reminded of his original MC moniker through this classic declaration of ignorance.
Half laugh, half cackle…and tough as nails to imitate.
As the British would say…barking mad.
YEAAHH! / OKKKAAAYYY!
The call of the wild out in QB, Blaq Poet still reps this on every track he laces.
What Is Rap’s Greatest Catch Phrase?
- Jadakiss - AH-HEARGH! (17%, 331 Votes)
- Too $hort - BEEYITCH! (16%, 307 Votes)
- Clipse - EGHCK! (12%, 230 Votes)
- Sean Price - P! (9%, 179 Votes)
- Lil' Jon - YEAAHH! / OKKKAAAYYY! (9%, 173 Votes)
- MC Eiht - GYEAH! (8%, 154 Votes)
- Cam’Ron - KILLA! (7%, 134 Votes)
- Gucci Mane - BURRR! (4%, 85 Votes)
- Screwball - HOO-HA! (3%, 68 Votes)
- Max B - OWW! (3%, 61 Votes)
- DMX - ARF! ARF! (3%, 59 Votes)
- Juelz Santana - AYE! (3%, 49 Votes)
- Master P - UGH! (2%, 43 Votes)
- Joell Ortiz - YAOWAH! (2%, 42 Votes)
- Jim Jones - BALLIN! (2%, 32 Votes)
- Birdman - BLRUUUURRR! (2%, 30 Votes)
- OJ Da Juiceman - AYYE! (1%, 14 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,960
63 Comments so far
Leave a comment
Leave a comment
Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>