Son of Bazerk – I Swear On A Stack Of Old Hits

In a rare case of the internet actually contributing something positive to rap music, it seems that the comment section of my old interview with DJ Johnny Juice and Son of Bazerk inspired Juice to get the gang back in the studio and recreate that ‘Change The Style’ magic for 2010. Produced by Johnny ‘Juice’ Rosado and released through Slam Jamz.

Son of Bazerk - ‘I Swear On A Stack Of Old Hits’

Whoa, talk about unexpected — though very welcome!

Comment by haroon 05.18.10 @

feelin’ this..I loved these cats (and kitten)! change the style was my ish!!

Comment by dlp 05.18.10 @

Wow, great return to form for these guys. Strong Island got the zone…

Comment by Thun 05.18.10 @

Thanks guys! Worked hard to bring the sound of SOB back after all these years. New ALBUM coming SOON (in the next month or two – it’s already finished.)

P.E.ace!

Comment by Johnny Juice 05.19.10 @

DAMN Juice! This shit sounds like they never left.
I steal all of my music nowadays. But this will most def get my bread. Y’all should make the slow joint a full joint or a b-side. That shit is fire!!!!!

Comment by MFKNRMX 05.19.10 @

Thanks for the Love and check us out when the album drops this summer!
1/2pint from Son of Bazerk/ No Self Control

Comment by 1/2pint 05.19.10 @

Yeah like it, if they can do a dope b-side like j’s dub theme I’d like that

Comment by Disc_Eater_P 05.19.10 @

This joint is right.

Comment by fosterakahunter 05.20.10 @

Nice joint, good to hear them back. Guys, make sure to drop that unreleased album as well!

Comment by Drew Huge 05.20.10 @

“What could be better Bitch” was my funk! I remember riding around playing that thing non-stop! I’m feeling the new joint!

Comment by Sublime 05.20.10 @

WOW, a breath of fucking fresh hip hop!!!

Comment by Marc Davis 05.20.10 @

YOOOO!, I remember back in tha dayz this group had a funny ass video called change the style, I used to watch it on Video Music Box in NYC. Yo check it out:

Comment by biggist from brooklyn 05.20.10 @

What a dope fucked up voice, better than 20 years ago. And the fastrap style is killer. Keep on doing that uptempo stuff. And keep it noisy with all thos scratches in it. Modern day rap is not only boring beacuse of wack lyrics, music sucks too. 80s style is raw, dirty, hardcore, noisy and bum rushing. We NEEED that !!!!!!

Comment by Frank 05.20.10 @

STRONG ISLAND! WHERE THEY GOT’EM WHYLIN’ THAT SHIT WAS ILL!!!!!! I SEE THE TRUE SKOOL GONNA HAVE TO SHOW THE KIDS HOW ITS DONE!!!!!!!!1

Comment by ultramag7 05.27.10 @

I remember these cats too for a short min. back in like, what, ’90-’91 or so. Dope beats. They sound even better than I remember.
Keep on!
Peace!

Comment by ezlrockwell 05.28.10 @

WOWWWWW!!!!! IS THIS WHAT IS MISSING IN HIP-HOP!!!
JOINT IS AS DOPE AS ANYTHING THESE CATS DID BACK IN THE DAY AND THEY HAVE CLASSICS.
GOOD LOOKS JOHNNY….HOW CAN I GET A COPY OF THIS,B?

Comment by DJ DAVITO 05.28.10 @

WOW – Good to hear your energetic sound and voices again. Can#t wait to get the new album … in the meantime “alors on dance”. Kind regards from Austria.

Comment by eljot 05.31.10 @

Yooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Can’t wipe the smile off my grill right now. Bananas! I LOOOOOve Son of Bazerk and No Self Control. That shit was like the BOMB SQUAD on CRACK!!! Change The Style and WhatCouldBeBetter? Still soundin FRESH. Yeah. Show these youngunz somethin. I’ll definitely cop.

Comment by esteeminatti 05.31.10 @

haha…THe Gran’ Son of Bezerk!?!
Good to see them still puttin in work…
we need more die hards keeping this culture of hip hop alive…
changin’ styles…no needs for diamonds and furs!!!…just strentgh to the power of wurdz!!!
WORD