Mobb Deep – Shook Ones Pt 1. [Beatnuts Remix]
Friday October 15th 2010,
Filed under: Crates,Steady Bootleggin',Tape Vaults

This has been around but crate digga sent it over and it seemed timely considering all the crying about the validity of ‘Shook Ones Pt. II’ being a remix. Apparently DJ Stretch Armstrong owns the original acetate of this.

Mobb Deep – ‘Shook Ones Pt 1.’ [Beatnuts Remix]

underwhelming at best…this would have no value whatsoever if it wasnt “lost” or if a name ie the Beatnuts didnt do it. this isnt dope at all.

Comment by ABROCK 10.15.10 @

Heard Stretch play this once in the 89Tek9 days with Bob,if i’m not mistaken..I thought it was dope imho.

Comment by dj blendz 10.16.10 @

This is alright, but kinda ehh… The vocals and beat don’t really fit in my opinion. This beat would have been much better had the Nuts themself made a song with it. Whatever though.

@ Robbie “it seemed timely considering all the crying about the validity of ‘Shook Ones Pt. II’ being a remix.” – hahahaha Funny. It’s not a remix, but whatever…

Comment by Shaun D. aka Wicked 10.16.10 @

Perhaps someone can list the rules of what constitutes a remix as Pt. II seems pretty valid to me:

Same subject, reworked in parts but mostly the same lyrics, different beat.

What about those ‘remixes’ that are just posse cuts and bear no relation to the original?

Comment by Ross 10.16.10 @

This is the illest version right here:

it was on vinyl and all that…

Comment by QUNYC 10.16.10 @

Now thats a remix!

Anyway the original is waaay better IMO.
Tnx.

Comment by Qwermoo 10.16.10 @

I’m digging it! ‘Sgot a bit of a Buckwild/Q-Tip flavour to it, what with the xylophone (?) and all…it’s a little different stylistically to what the ‘Nuts were putting out at the time.
And I cant understand all this fuss on here over “Part 2″ or that it’s number one in the voting at the moment! I dunno, I think I just got tired of hearing it at the time and when the album dropped I was skipping it! So as to the question of it being a valid remix…I don’t care! Show and AG Next Level Nyte Time Mix Fuck The World!

Comment by vollsticks 10.16.10 @

Thanks for the post. Hopefully people-and their subsequent opinions-don’t lose sight of the fact that it’s nice to see something unearthed from the mid-90s that a lot of us didn’t know existed from a production crew and 2 MCS that more than made their mark on Hip Hop. PEace and GOD BLESS

Comment by SPank (Divided Souls Ent) 10.16.10 @

Now a days a remix can mean any number of things: same verse and beat with a different artist guest starring,an added verse from original artist,same theme but different beat with original artist and maybe a guest appearance and the list goes on.

This song is pretty shitty, I’m happy they “remixed” it. Still I would pick Black Sheep or L.L’s remixes over this anyday.

Comment by Johnny Hardcore 10.16.10 @

“A remix used to be the same song lyrics with a different beat…this is not that as Havoc’s verse is different on both versions. Doesn’t having a part2 as a title denote a new song?” – Johnny Hardcore

^EXACTLY!!!!!!!! It’s Part fuckin TWO, a different song. Why people feel the need to call this a remix is beyond me…

Comment by Shaun D. aka Wicked 10.16.10 @

Yeah, we posted this at the TROY blog exclusively about a year ago. It was kind of a big deal to me, but maybe cause I taped that show on the reg, so if you weren’t there, I guess this doesn’t mean shit to you critics. Shits dope as fuck, imo.
Peace.

Comment by verge 10.16.10 @

Sounds cool to me….

Comment by ian 10.17.10 @

This might be the first Beatnuts remix I don’t like. I can see why this did’nt get much shine.

Comment by snipersondaroof 10.17.10 @

it’s alright, sounds more like a demo compared to the greatness of pt 2.

Comment by 4:20 10.17.10 @

Sleep in serenity Eyedea.

Comment by PAS 10.18.10 @