Video: Meyhem Lauren feat. Action Bronson & AG Da Coroner – Ray Lewis
Monday October 25th 2010,
Filed under: Conservative Rap Coalition,Killa Queens,Video Clips

Official single from the Certified Butter mixtape. Beat by Don Producci and visuals courtesy of M.R.B. & Thirstin Howl III for Skillusions Films.

One of the best tracks off the tape! but the visuals were giving me a seizure, too much cutting in and out on every word. The “Got The Fever” video is eons ahead of this one

Comment by Scotty Flamingo 10.25.10 @

The videos cool the song is crack!

Comment by factual 10.26.10 @

Hopefully they’ll put it also on “Self Induced Illness”!
Any info about the release date ?

Comment by Blanco 10.26.10 @

COME ON MAN…NO WHITE BOY WAS RUNNIN WITH THE REAL LO LIFES. LO LIFES WAS FROM THE ‘VILLE & CROWN HEIGHTS. GET BACK TO REALITY. NOTHING WRONG WITH A WHITE RAPPER (THIS KID GOT A FLOW)! BUT PLEASE BE YOU AND NOT A WANNA BE LO LIFE. VAN DYKE, LANGSTON HUGHES, TILDEN, GLENMORE, SETHLOW, BROWNSVILLE, HOWARD, MARCUS GARVEY, AMBOY…THE VILLE

Comment by QUITDABS 10.26.10 @

NEXT YOU GOING TO TELL ME THAT YOU WERE CHILLIN WITH THE DECEPTICONS AT THE ROOFTOP, LATIN QUARTER, UNION SQUARE ETC. COME ON SON

QUIT DA BS

Comment by QUITDABS 10.26.10 @

LET ME FIND OUT THAT YOU WAS SNATCHIN CHAINS ON ROCAKWAY & PITKIN ALSO!!!

LOL

Comment by QUITDABS 10.26.10 @

I like Meyhem and wish him well but… Army of the Pharaohs laughs at this bad punchline battle rap, and none of these three (esp. white dude) can touch Kamachi or Reef.

Verdict: Make new friends Meyhem because if this is a “movement,” it’s going the same place my as last one.

Comment by Saratoga N. Blake 10.27.10 @

Hahaha u guys are funny. This is the white boy and never did I claim I was runnin wit any LOLIFES anything. IM DIRECTLY OUT OF FLUSHING QUEENS. Thanx for the concern but I can only be me. If that aint good enough for yous no doubt so be it. Keep a look out for more joints!! -BRONSONELLI

Comment by Action Bronson 10.27.10 @

Just for the information for those who care – according to his recent interview – Meyhem’s album “Self Induced Illness” will not be out until 2011…. Seriously ? Wasn’t it supposed to be out like what – 2009 probably…
It’s on some Joell Ortiz level by now and it can’t be because of the industry bullshit either – what makes you pushing back albums for the whole year and shit… and phukk me for anticipating those albums and following those release dates – also big up to artists not bullshiting around with their dates either!

Comment by Blanco 10.28.10 @

WHITE BOY…YOU GOT SKILLZ ON THE MIC & I LIKE YOUR FLOW BUT…LOOK AT YA FACEBOOK PAGE.

InformationAffiliation:
Outdoorsmen, Lo-Lifes, QueensLocation:
Flushing, NY

TAKE THAT LO-LIFES OFF OF THERE AND IT’S ALL GOOD.

COME ON SON

QUIT DA BS

Comment by QUITDABS 10.28.10 @

Cool song, but the Got The Fever video was so much better (why the step backwards here?) PS that Action Bronson white boy can rap.

Comment by king kong 10.28.10 @

Baby boy thanx for the love. Obviously u wanna be affiliated real bad check my resume affiliation is word homie. I don’t even operate a facebook but thanx for checkin my whole internet life out. QUEENS-OUTDOORSMEN-LOLIFES. Doggy just try and find a hobby or something man u got toooo much time to worry about peoples affiliations. PEACE

Comment by Action Bronson 10.28.10 @

Followin up I am 100% LOLIFE affiliated Peace to THIRSTIN 3rd-MEYHEM LAUREN-BAGSLO-BARLO-HAELO-FILO-HILO just to name a few and if u ever to run into these men ask them if I’m affiliated. TWO L’S

Comment by Action Bronson 10.28.10 @

Considering that Thirstin Howl directed the video I’m sure he’s fairly friendly with some LoLifes……PS Who Cares

Comment by BurDenDEr 10.28.10 @

COME ON BROTHER…YOU SHOULDN’T GET ALL UPSET & BENT OUT OF SHAPE BECAUSE I CHECKED YA RESUME. IF YOU GOT NOTHING TO HIDE THEN I DON’T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME HAVING TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS…IT HAS TO DO WITH ME WANTING TO KNOW ABOUT TODAY’S MC’S BEFORE I GO OUT & SUPPORT THEM. NOWADAYS MOST ARE FRAUDS AND I REFUSE TO GO OUT AND SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT AN MC & SUPPORT AN MC WHO IS A FRAUD & A FAKE.

LIKE I SAID EARLIER…I LIKE YA FLOW AND YOU GOT SKILLZ BUT JUST BECAUSE YOU NAME 3 OR 4 LO-LIFES DON’T MEAN YOU CAN CLAIM YOU ARE RUNNIN WITH THEM. YOU CAN LOOK THOSE NAMES UP ON THE INTERNET. I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE AND I DON’T EVER REMEMBER SEEING NO WHITE BOY RUNNIN WITH THE LO LIFES IN THE ‘VILLE OR CROWN HEIGHTS.

KEEP UP THE GOOD MUSIC AND STAY REAL!!

Comment by QUITDABS 10.28.10 @

yo quitdabs, quit da bs & go play with the Elmo set i bought u ok.. herb

Comment by Unkut Reader 10.28.10 @

Listen ya’ll niggas need to quit the back and forth shit,niggas is making real rap music from where the shit was birthed (The Streets)….Meyhem is sick,he’s a straight throwback rapper,the type of nigga we all used to root for,The Dude Action Bronson can flow better then most muthafuckas on top of the game right now and Ag is just a real muthafucka,his lyrics and flow change from song to song and he ain’t lying about shit,I just came home from a 10 year bid in the mountains and Ag’s name ring bells all the way upstate,I don’t know the nigga but he’s Heavy in ENY and all over Brooklyn,people gonna love and hate cuz it comes with the business but instead of wasting your time hating go do something with YOUR life instead of worrying about other niggas cuz that shit is Homo

Comment by Parolee 10.28.10 @

^^^^^^^^^

Shyne?!

Serious, stay out but let’s be real and say ALL these dudes need to up their concepts. Again, I compare this to AOTP type stuff, which wears real thin real fast.

Speaking of ENY, while nobody I know was heard the new Group Home I ** still ** see a few old school Group Home and AZ stickers around on Fulton/Crescent.

Parolee, serious question: were you in with Prodigy or hear any word, hopefully good?

Comment by Saratoga N. Blake 10.28.10 @

Instead of new york niggas bigging up other new york niggas they try to slight them and question them rather then show love, the south is on top cause of that bullshit mentality. Outdoorsmen and aotp sound NOTHING alike. Personally I like both groups of people but feel that there is zero comparison in content and demeanor. The funny shit is the person saying reef and kamachi are better the these niggas prob isn’t one of them or down with them and the other nigga tryna g check and question lo life affaliation prob isn’t a lo life member himself. I used to leave comments and voice my opinon on sites and message bords but stopped because most people who do are on some ignorant bullshit. If you don’t like a song talk about why, if you like a song do the same. All the other bullshit is childish.

Comment by THEPROBLEMA 10.28.10 @

NY scene still like crabs in a barrel

Comment by keatso 10.28.10 @

One of them or down with? Fuck you typing about– I listen to and sometimes BUY records (or cds). Buncha bullshit punchline battle rap warmed over ten times, who gives a shit? THAT is the reality–

Which, alas, is why you’ll hear Lil Wayne & Wacka Flacka in NYC way way way way more than Meyhem. I don’t agree with that but it doesn’t mean this is creative ‘genius’ either.

Comment by Saratoga N. Blake 10.28.10 @

Everybody Brings something different to the table,gotta wait till these niggas drop some more shit before people can say they wack,this Track is Tuff,can’t deny that shit,I’ve heard J-Love’s album “Endless Angles” and they all over that shit,niggas got different vibes and styles,look up that album and check it out yaself…….niggas told me P will be home in January and nah we wasn’t LD together

Comment by Parolee 10.28.10 @

Props to Parolee and Action for the dialogue. That said–

It’s 2010, the table needs to expand, especially as the music biz shrinks… tho’ in many ways that’s a good thing. Meyhem doesn’t need to “wait” to get on anywhere, he makes himself.

Action, serious Q: you ever read WEB DuBois “The Souls of Black Folks”? I mean to say LITERATURE, not just the race issue.

I love street music as much as anyone but if we’re going to talk about fucking “knowledge” folks got A LOT of catching up to do, REALLY.

And that’s just one of many many examples.

Comment by Saratoga N. Blake 10.29.10 @

I don’t give a fuck who is down with who, Action Bronson had the best flow on that song. Good looks for mentioning Bobby Heenan and the Mets, sums up my childhood

Comment by BIGSPICE 10.29.10 @

QUITDABS SHOULD QUIT….

Comment by GLAZZ. 10.29.10 @

WTF do you mean – you could just look those names up on the internet. Thirstin produced the fucking video – who do you think threw the LL logo in at the end? It’s right there in the credits, twice, and in Robbie’s post. Was Bronson running up in Bloomys 40 deep almost two decades ago? No. And, that’s not what he was claiming. Several of those dudes cosign him though – that’s what “affiliated” means.

I disagree that none of this should matter at all in terms of liking the music. I mean, an artist’s hypocrisy doesn’t make the music bad at face value, but even in hip hop where exaggeration is pretty much a requisite of every artist’s persona, falsely claiming a crew is a pretty serious breech. …Artists decide whether the fans make this kinda shit an issue though. It’s like the politicians who get caught fucking wild chicks. As long as you don’t base your platform on fidelity or abstinence, nobody should care. But, once you make that part of your identity, you open yourself to this kind of criticism. I mean, it would be a big deal if we found out Immortal Technique voted Republican or some shit,right?

Comment by digglahhh 10.30.10 @

I JUST WANNA SINCERELY APOLOGIZE TO MR. ACTION AND THE UNKUT FAMILY FOR BEING A DOUCHEBAG ON THIS BEAUTIFUL SITE.WHEN I WAS A YOUNG LAD, I TRIED TO BE DOWN WITH THE LL’S BUT BOOSTING POLO’S FINE LINEN PANTIES UP AT THE DEUCE JUST WASN’T CUTTING IT FOR THE CREW.FROM NOW ON I’LL STICK TO FETCHING THE FOUR LOKO’S AT RAPPERS VIDEO SETS.

Comment by QUITDABS 10.30.10 @

this track is straight up dope

Comment by tareq 10.31.10 @

fuck quitdabs and that girl saratoga
action bronson making good music what the fuck you doing ? ………………….

Comment by allthecuntsallthedogs 11.27.10 @

IM STRAIGHT SMASHING YOUR MOMMA RITE NOW,WHUT UP?..FUCK THE NERD WHO USED MY NAME TO POST SHIT

Comment by QUITDABS 11.28.10 @

I think Quitfag & Sackyatokin N Flake are just jealous that, that white boy owns theyre lives, and can rap better than them.Fgt ass jealous cats.

Comment by 10ster 11.29.10 @