Roc Marciano – Scarface Nigga
Friday November 19th 2010,
Filed under: Marcberg Season,Newest Latest,Steady Bootleggin',Strong Island

Marcberg 2xLP re-issue on it’s way soon, with ‘Snow Pt. 2′ and this burner amongst the bonuses. Chea!

Roc Marciano - ‘Scarface Nigga’

Will it be released on CD?

The big one: will it have decent sound quality cos the CD was shit. I thought it was just a low bitrate download I had initially but the CD was as bad.

Good music should be done justice!

Comment by Ross 11.19.10 @

Whooooooooooa!

Another banger!

Comment by AFFEX 11.19.10 @

I loved Marcburg, it was the first Hip-hop album I’ve bought and put on continuous loop, in YEARS and I’ve been listening to this shit since Planet Rock.

The new cover is awesome and made me laugh, reminds me of Jeru’s debut.

Comment by TokyoSexwale 11.19.10 @

Straight gonnorhea!!!! Did Busta not know what to do with this cat? Joints like this make think he shouldn’t have been with them to begin with.

Comment by oskamadison 11.19.10 @

copped the EP on vinyl, will cop this double LP on vinyl too, I hope it comes with another digital download like the first one did

Comment by gstatty 11.19.10 @

So it’s about a re-issue now ? What happened to “Reloaded” ?
Yo Affex, any comments about your “It’s Been A Long Time Coming” album or what was the name of it – if you were bullshitin on ughh forums then that’s what it is – if you were real then where is it ?

Comment by Blanco 11.19.10 @

Marcberg is one of my favorite albums from the past few years, but it’s a fine line between sounding nonchalant and bored (i.e. boring), and this “Scarface” song straddles that line.

Comment by jack in the box 11.20.10 @

This is the 1st shit I’ve heard since that Flipmode joint. His lyrics are tight, but his delivery is boring (monotone), like he’s just reading his lyrics slowly out of a novel.

Comment by DetroitEmsee 11.20.10 @

Roc is Da Future of NYC HipHop…

Comment by junMaf*ckn 11.20.10 @

i think roc is one of the illest out…however

the sound quality on a lot of his joints is straight trash…you cant bump a lot of his shit in the whip at high volume etc etc….. dont really understand all that tho espescially considering how easy it is NOW to produce crystal sounding recordings………. frozen files and marcberg are both classics but as far as this re issue is concerned ill jus download the joints i dont have already

Comment by machete calm 11.20.10 @

this shit is nice

Comment by biggist from brooklyn 11.20.10 @

Dude is wack…

Comment by Qwermoo 11.21.10 @

The beat is tight, no doubt, but he still sound so uninspired.

Comment by PAS 11.21.10 @

cmon son, i can understand most people comments about his ” boring” flow but imo it makes him sounds like a mobb boss or somethin like that, he killed it again …

Comment by rae93 11.21.10 @

^^YEA A BORING MOB BOSS..RAMPAGE HAD BETTER FLOW THAN THIS GUY IMO

Comment by QUITDABS 11.21.10 @

How about releasing another single from the album, or releasing a cheaply made video, or better yet….just start on a new album? “but as far as this re issue is concerned ill jus download the joints i dont have already” <<<< yep…me too.

Comment by Thomas 11.21.10 @

better then dope nothing to talk about!

Comment by FACTUAL 11.22.10 @

effin morons.top 3 album of the year.

Comment by swordfish 11.22.10 @

dude needs some proper album budget and/or FatBeats needs to make sure the mastering is tight when that shit drops

Comment by Stylus 11.22.10 @

i agree totally with that stylus….and he better release the instrumentals to these bonus tracks too

hahaha

Comment by machete calm 11.22.10 @

Marcberg reminds me of those grimey early nineties mixtapes when sound quality didn’t matter much… Like it had been dubbed on a TDK 10 times over… that is hip hop you Teddy Rileys.

Comment by vitaltwofor 11.22.10 @

↑This↑

Comment by pig bodine 11.23.10 @

Sounds good to me, plus the cover is funny as hell.

Comment by pr2 11.23.10 @

@vitaltwofor agree 100% +1000. The “poor” sound quality is part of the appeal and what makes his shit DOPE!

Comment by esto 11.23.10 @

Does anyone know what movie the sample / skit at the end of the original “Snow” is from? I feel like I’ve seen it but it’s been bugging me since I heard the song earlier this year.

Comment by random 11.23.10 @

These are the illest drums I’ve heard for years. I don’t think Poppa Marc is a boring rapper, but even if he was, who cares with beats like this? The beats for this joint and for Snow makes me wonder if Marc is not the illest producer out right now. This joint could fit right into Mobb Deep’s classic Hell On Earth LP and you wouldn’t know the difference. 1995 sh*t!

Comment by Soul Survivor 11.26.10 @

@machete calm – I don’t know what you are talking about dude, I have my bass up in the whip, only one notch down from normal and that shit bangs like orangutans, maybe you copped a bad rip or download or something

I feel bad for you cats that don’t like roc marci’s production or rhymes, y’all need to take the dicks out of your ears and stop smoking crack out of chicken bones

Comment by gstatty 12.05.10 @