Nas feat. Kid Capri – Source Freestyle [1996]
Saturday January 08th 2011,
Filed under: Freestyle Fridays,Killa Queens,Steady Bootleggin'

Some vintage Nas rhymes while Kid Capri spins some classic beats, taken from the Nas Is Coming promo that was out before It Was Written. Thanks to crate digga for reminding me about this one.

Nas feat. Kid Capri – Source Freestyle

nas died to me sometime after the lost tapes except for a few tracks. rip nas.

Comment by iLLa 01.08.11 @

DOPE THROWBAK..BUT WHAT THE FUCK IS A ‘PAKISTINIAN’ LAND?

Comment by QUITDABS 01.09.11 @

Damn, I had this tape. I never thought I’d hear it again.

Comment by A'Peks 01.09.11 @

I STILL THAT HAVE PLATE ON SOME VINYL BOOTLEG, REMINDS ME THE ERA ON SOME FUNK FLEX 60 MIN OF FUNK MIXTAPE VOL 1, THAT WAS SOME OV MA FAVORITE TIMES…

Comment by DONALESKI 01.09.11 @

I remember Clue shouting all over this jawn in 96…

My man said it couldnt be a freestyle cause he said “Queens NY will bore ya”. My man was stuck on that line like “Nas wouldnt have said that ina freestyle yo!”

Comment by junMaf*ckn 01.09.11 @

^
I’m not even 100% I’m sure that’s what he said, but assuming he did it’s not “Queens New York will bore ya,” it would be a continuation of the previous line, “Supreme Court [in] Queens New York’ll bore ya.”

…Or, of course, there’s the possibility that he meant bore as in pierce a whole through, meaning the experience of being in court will do a number on a mofo.

@Quitdabis

Beats the fuck out of me. Not really knowing, I always bopped my head and chalked it up as a shout out to Jackson Heights.

Comment by digglahhh 01.10.11 @

/hole.

No shots, grammar police.

Comment by digglahhh 01.10.11 @

i thought it was “queens ny oh boy ya/suited up booted up…”…i could be wrong tho’..just like i thought this was a clue freestyle..

Comment by slim 01.13.11 @

Escobar season begins…

This was on those promo tapes, was dope, good times.

I always thought it was ‘…supreme court Queens New York…’ too.

Comment by silent minority 01.14.11 @

Always though this was a clue joint too…remember how niggas used to go all over NY to find the illest copy of the clue tapes! those were the illest times I swear! shout to the heights 68th & northen bullie SMC BABY!!!

Comment by QUNYC 01.17.11 @