Unkut Visits XXLMag…Again.
Saturday January 29th 2011,
Filed under: Announcements,Guest Drops,Not Your Average

Here are a couple of mildly inflammatory drops I did over at XXLMag this week, who decided to let me back in the building for another guest shot after my 2006 cameo:

When Rap Goes The Full Retahd

Is Lil’ Fame The New Primo?

Following are my four vintage drops as well, three of which are now ‘Certified Gold’ as a result of generating more than 50 comments…?

Rap’s Gulliest Prison Songs

The Last Taboo For White Rappers

New York’s Still Winning

The Clean-Up Man

GOOD RETROSPECTIVE ROBBIE, I USED TO BE A VINYL JUNKIE ‘TILL LATE BACK THEN & DID KNOW A LITTLE BIT BOUT INTERNET THUS NEVA HEARD BOUT UNKUT. IM GLAD TO HAVE DISCOVERED SOME DOPE TRACKS ESPECIALLY IN NY’S STILL WINNING ARTICLE. THE OTHERS ARE GREAT TOO… BIG UP!!!

Comment by donaleski 01.29.11 @

The Last Taboo for white rappers:

Alot of thought put into who’s white and who’s black(especially for a white guy)..I don’t even pay attention…I mean is that still an issue?

Comment by Johnny Hardcore 01.29.11 @

If Tropic Thunder has taught us anything, “you never go the full retard”.

Comment by Crisis 01.29.11 @

After reading the Retahd post, I had this idea that I think you should include in your finance your trip to NYC survey. “FUCK YOUR SWAG” t-shirts. That’s all they say, and then you just drop and unkut logo on there somewhere fairly non-descript.

Seriously, SWAG is out of control. What’s even funnier about it is that if any of these 16 year-olds bragging about their swag ever got a real job, they’d find out SWAG is also a popular acronym used to refer to conference giveaways and the like, standing for “stuff we all get.” In this case, it’s quite the irony as there are a bunch of kids bragging about some abstract notion of self that doesn’t actually distinguish them from the next part time drive-thru manager.

Swag doesn’t sell records, skills do. And, to the extent that swag exists, it’s 99% of the time the product of real life accomplishments. Your style is only interesting and influential to anybody else if you have accomplished anything that would make people interested in you.

This is beyond me “hating” this is actually something I really wish kids would understand. It’s just the extension of a culture rife with teenagers who want the accoutrements of fame, success, and wealth, while being unwilling to do any of the work needed to achieve these things. …But don’t listen to me, keep on building that youtube rap career of yours – the thing is you can’t pay the electric company in swag.

Comment by digglahhh 01.29.11 @

I’d like to see a white dude to make a record calling out the inverse minstrel show that is current rap music, that shit would be genius and incendiary at the same time. Surely there is someone out there in the 5 boros that could pull this off, especially if it is aimed at Waka, Gucci, and ignant southern rappers in general.

Im about to get on some Frank Farian/Jerry Heller shit and orchestrate this whole thing behind the scenes and collect a check from the fallout.

Comment by keatso 01.29.11 @

Reading the comments on XXL is the best. People either fully agree with you or call you the hater of all haters. Even on that Premo shit which was favorable to both Primo and Fizzy you are called a hater. Who even uses that term anymore?

John

PS – The term “hater” is almost as played out as the term “weed carrier.”

Comment by John Travolta 01.29.11 @

Robbie,

I’m filming my remix to the mixxie on Mr. Busta’s iphone. Imma finna upload this bitch on youtube in a minute. You wanna post it? I got lil cease doin a cameo.

Mr. Busta’s gonna slap the shit out of me for pouring the rest of his Courvoisier on the carpet during filming. Imma blame lil cease.

Comment by Spliff Star 01.30.11 @

hahaha @ gremlin rap, so many rap dudes sound like gremlins nowadays thats hilarious. I was listening to this lil b song on youtube and I was like, what does he sound like? A muthafuckin gremlin, lol.

oh, btw, this is probably one of my favorite lil fame produced tracks. Makes me wanna break out the tooly and get back on my grizzly.

Comment by gstatty 02.02.11 @

^ Yeah that almost made the cut, but I didn’t want to use two Term songs.

Comment by Robbie 02.02.11 @