Filed under: Uncategorized
Written by: Robbie Ettelson
So I hit the streets of New York on Wednesday, and so far I’ve hit a bunch of open bar events, dropped into the Combat Jack Show on PNC, tried out a few flavors of 40 Oz. malt liqour and some 4LOKO, visited The Source offices and a few food spots…and of course met a bunch of Internets!
Yesterday I rolled through to see the Producer Panel at the All Access Music Conference with Dallas Penn, Matt Raz and DJ Franchise, where I found out the following actual facts:
1. Cryptonic Liqueur is gonna be big on Halloween but no one will eff with it the rest of the year.
2. Ciroc vodka wins with OJ but loses with blue bottle Moscato.
3. I should have brought a briefcase to bag-up more of the Fuse TV 2GB promo flash drives.
4. Music industry panels stay losing. Who cares about a bunch of executives giving advice about some business model that hasn’t been relevant for the last five years?
5. Just as we were getting ready to bounce after grabbing a few more rounds of Screwdriver’s in the V.I.P. room, who should be sitting there but Engineer All-Star Marley Marl? Naturally, the first thing I asked him was what ever happened to the T.J. Swan album, and he mentioned that he might drop a couple of songs from it on the next Hot Chillin’ vinyl release…
6. Turns out Buckwild was there too, and him and Marley did a sit-down for everyone in the place which made the whole event worth attending outside of the open bar. Of course most of the youngsters there had no idea they were, but the handful of those who did were treated to a few trivia gems…
7. Not only did Busta turn down the ‘Whoa’ beat, but Buck also offered it to Big Pun.
8. G Rap turned down ‘Vapors’ since he thought it was ‘too slow’.
9. Marley would record different Juice Crew members over the same beat and award it to whoever rocked it the best, which is why he decided that ‘Raw’ was better suited to Big Daddy Kane.
10. Marley made more off the publishing of Mya feat. Jay-Z
‘Best of Me, Pt. 2′ (which sampled ‘Make The Music’) than the entire Biz Markie catalog.
11 Comments so far
Leave a comment
Leave a comment
Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>