Pete Rock and Smif-N-Wessun feat. Black Rob – (I’m A) Stand Up Guy

On first listen, the beats on this album sound like ‘meh’. Colour me unsurprised.

Pete Rock and Smif-N-Wessun feat. Black Rob - ‘(I’m A) Stand Up Guy’

That the beat slightly transformed from the Group Home A tear for the ghetto album… would have expect some otha fish…

Comment by Donaleski 06.21.11 @

Can I get a WORD LIFE!! If you would rather hear a whole Pete Rock/Black Rob album instead of S&W. I love me some BCC but Tek & Steele ain’t had me amped in ages. But Black Rob has been killing everything I’ve heard him on lately. Just keeping it 100.

Comment by Cresno Fresh 06.22.11 @

anybody can get it, get it, get it, get it

Comment by domdirtee 06.22.11 @

I’m not even listening to anymore ‘loosies’ off this album… I’m coppin it; straight up/down.

Yo the realist shit said this year (regarding the critics et al.) is the skit off Kweli’s ‘Gutter Rainbows’; where he was like “Are you the best @ what you do; do I come down to your office…would you be in the top 10 @ your place of business; would you even be mentioned?” Haha…@ least it’s HipHop; be grateful. I am. PEACE

Comment by bboycult 06.22.11 @

dude you need to chill with that @ shit. it’s annoying as hell especially with the silliness you’re saying.

Comment by jack in the box 06.22.11 @

^^ See this is what I’m talkin about; no ones coming to your job (back alley of a jack-n-the box) and slappin the dick syrup out YO mouf…so don’t worry about my @’s or what I’m saying; fuck boi!

Comment by bboycult 06.23.11 @

Any artist who seriously thinks that the world would somehow be a better place without critics is an idiot straight up. And it’s no wonder that shitty-ass Talib is bitching about them.

Comment by jack in the box 06.23.11 @

NO PASARAN! Internets my heart is not in this argument so I will keep it 100%…. @ jack in the box; I think it’s more about the fact that EVERYONE is a critic these days not quality ‘criticism’; like you calling Talib ‘shitty ass’…who tha fuck are you?? AND your handle is ‘jack in the box’……….AND you swallow dick syrup for a living…the list of AND’s goes on and on for you my dude.

Comment by bboycult 06.23.11 @

Damn, can’t we all just get along up in this bitch?, lol.

Comment by oskamadison 06.23.11 @

SO ROBBIE, U SAYIN PETE ROCK LOST IT?

Comment by QUITDABS 06.23.11 @

Kweli does blow balls these days…he fell off…and as for this album, I’ll cop and I love Pete rock, but I’d much rather hear S&W with the original formula..THE BEATMINERZ!!!!!!

Comment by dlp 06.23.11 @

I’m a Kweli fan, and agree with his sentiments about there being too much criticism / hate. But if you look past the clever line it doesn’t really add up. If Kweli was a customer (music fans) paying money at my business (his emceeing) he’d have EVERY right to rate that service, and pass judgement on it. Shit, it happens to me.
Art is discussed. And putting art in the public domain opens it to discussion.

Plus, I’m not feeling this Pete Rock and Smif-N- Wessun album as much as I’d hoped.

Comment by djbosscrewwrecka 06.23.11 @

All I have to say about to Talib is “We don’t believe you..YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE”. I got tires of his “I’m rugged but smart steeze” a while ago. I don’t even know how he cam up in this convo. All I have to say is listen to “Hellucination” and then this…THEY FELL OFF. Thank god Ruck is holding it down. And after all that..BCCC for LIFE!!!

Comment by Cresno Fresh 06.24.11 @

Apart from “Thats hard” this LP was strictly average.

frankly i expected more – if Pete had brought the Heat as Per the UN’s “Game of Death” it would have been much better. oh and some Large Pro on there wouldnt be a bad thing either…

Comment by jbeez 06.24.11 @

tek tattooing his face was just a bad move

Comment by don chalant 06.26.11 @

i am sorry to say but that album is not bangin.
keep waitin for this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC24lKyAhEI

Comment by swordfish 06.27.11 @

who the fuck is Talib Kweli? if he and, say, Jean Grae didn’t have critics they’d have NO fans as they’re both fucking unlistenable and– suprise– always complaining.

Pete Rock pretty much lost it but Tek and Steele’s ‘street albums’ or whatever are still excellent. I don’t blame them for trying but they definitely need more grit(s) and less guests.

Comment by Ejaculation Munson 06.28.11 @

Talib and Jean are unlistenable/Pete Rock and Smif-Wess are subpar…..

And this is exactly why R&B fuck bois like Trey Songz and Chris Brown think that they are actually spittin! “Snapbacks Back”!?!?! Mothafuckas Plz.

Comment by bboycult 06.29.11 @

Criticisms aside…Respect Duck Down in 2011 for keepin it 95′ fly for ya’ll.

Comment by bboycult 06.29.11 @

@Donaleski is right

Comment by JP 07.01.11 @

Face it these guys are old and lost their edge. Funny Pete Rock said he listened to Dah Shinin to inspire him for this album and he’s busting out with elaborate fast disco rap and dracula songs. The album needed more “prevail” type tracks. They shoulda rhymed over the intro beat too.

Comment by psyence 08.27.11 @

what u need to do is stop postin dumb shit in my name homeboy.

Comment by the real bboycult 08.28.11 @

yall can check out a thoro nigga at http://www.bboycult.com.

boy, stoooop…