Rest In Peace – Baby Chris from The Violators
Thursday August 30th 2012,
Filed under: Bronx Bombers,Rest In Peace

Rest in peace to Baby Chris Lighty, the original Intelligent Hoodlum.

DJ Kenny Parker: As a matter of fact, a lot of the fights that used to go on in Union Square and Latin Quarter was these Brooklyn dudes that used to run with Kane…they was always fighting guys from the Bronx. They was always fighting Chris Lighty and the Violators! [laughs] Back then, Chris Lighty was a Violator and he was a thug. You couldn’t even run-up on Red Alert! You think Red Alert is just the coolest guy in the world, and I love Red Alert – that’s my brother – but back in the day, if you ran-up on Red Alert like ‘Yo! Play my record!’ you was gonna have problems! You follow me?

Allindstrom.com video interview with Baby Chris:

Baby Chrisが亡くなったのね。お悔やみ申し上げます。

Comment by @matsu70 08.30.12 @

RIP to one of driving forces behind the native tounge movement, the man who helped turn Mona Scott from nothing to something and to the guy that beat the living shit out of d-nice after Scott la-rocks’s murder.

Comment by Mecbar 08.31.12 @

R.I.P Baby chris.

Comment by @kantakagi 08.31.12 @

Yo, I read a story this morning on complex.com about how Chris backed down Suge Knight!! Not “gettin’ knocked out by dudes half his size” Suge Knight but SUGE KNIGHT Suge Knight, feel me? Dude was official on all counts in the streets, in Hip-Hop and in the boardroom. It’s wack that he ended his story like that but what can you do? My condolences to his family and his peoples.

@Mecbar

He beat down D-Nice? I know Scott got murked over D but I thought D-Nice and Chris was fam. Wow…

Comment by oskamadison 08.31.12 @

He taught d a lesson, as did others, that his bullshit over a chick is what got Scott killed.
Everything chris did with atcq he initially planned on doing with the jb’z. Mike G was down but afrika decided to “take the group in a different direction” we all know how they worked out. Sure Chris got into the glamour and glitz in the late 90’s but his early contributions can’t be denied.

Comment by Mecbar 08.31.12 @

robbie, or anyone else got any more stories on the violators? i remember that skit on de la soul is dead about a brawl at a club called the doughnut hill. any brawl stories in general.

Comment by TED 09.03.12 @

I’ve heard Chris lighty mentioned countless times. Most recently him doing security at the tunnel. They had a feature on the tunnel on complex.

Comment by Gx 09.03.12 @

One of the realize 2ever do it, plus a very humble brother best believe, I met CL in like 98′ at loud records. I recolonized everyone needs mentors in this business, and he allowed me 2pick his brain 4like 15minutes or less about the management of artist.Truly a great brother my condolences 2his closes of friends, business partners & family Rip..

Comment by Blaqchalk 09.03.12 @