Will Reloaded Be A Worthy Follow-Up To Marcberg?
Wednesday August 29th 2012,
Filed under: Albums,Announcements,Marcberg Season,Strong Island

Expectations are a bitch. When Roc Marciano smacked the rap game in the face in 2010 with the supreme mathematics of Marcberg, not a lot of people saw it coming (with the exception of Unkut Dot Com readers, of course). Entirely self-produced, with only a single guest spot (from Metal Clergy co-d KA), it was just what raw rap fanatics needed. Long time UN fans weren’t surprised, yet it had been a long time coming considering his solo debut had originally been scheduled to drop on SRC in 2008 (the same year I first interviewed Roc).

When his album was released by Fat Beats in April 2010, I built with him again:

‘I’m about to drop the Marcberg Reloaded – that’s gonna be free for everybody that’s fuckin’ with me. I’m in the process of wrapping that up right now. So that’s coming with it, just like Strength & Honor that I did in unison with UN Or U Out. Whenever I put out a project I give something away. Look for that, it’s gonna be more joints. It’s gonna be like part two to that, like a double album real quick. Y’all gonna get Marcberg, then you gonna get Marcberg Reloaded. I’mma give another fifteen songs away, just on the strength. Like, ‘Boom, take that’. That’s gonna be a free download.’

Two years later, Reloaded is an official album with fifteen new tracks. Not a bad thing by any means, as Roc has been building his rep with a nice range of features ever since, plus ‘Emeralds’ and ’76′ were nothing short of top notch. With a mixture of self-produced tracks and contributions from Alchemist, Q-Tip and Ray West, will this new project have the same focus as it’s predecessor? Or will it surpass it on some next level shit?

Reloaded track listing:

10. 20 Guns [Produced by Roc Marciano]
11. Peru [Produced by Roc Marciano]
12. Thread Count [Produced Q-Tip]
13. Nine Spray feat. Ka [Produced by Ray West]
14.Emeralds [Produced The Arch Druids]
15. The Man [Produced by Roc Marciano]

I honestly don’t know if I have 2 fucks to give on whether this ” surpasses on some next…” …..mothafucka 2Chains has a #1 Top Billboard weed plate on his resume!?!

Smack fire out you Robbie; just for the implication!

Comment by bboycult 08.29.12 @

Long as he talks his shit, I won’t be concerned if its better or not.

Comment by Enig 08.29.12 @

From the tracks I’ve heard….all fire.

Comment by Spekt 08.29.12 @

I cannot wait until this drops! RT @unkut: Will Reloaded Be A Worthy Follow-Up To Marcberg? http://t.co/7yY5n2Fy

Comment by @Grussle 08.29.12 @

I cannot wait until this drops!

Comment by @Grussle 08.29.12 @

Shit’s gonna be insane.
Can’t wait to hear it and am a little curious about that Q Tip beat…better not be on some marshmallow shit

Comment by AFFEX 08.29.12 @

You know this dude is gonna lay his game down…quite flat.

Comment by Sooch 08.29.12 @

Be realistic. It won’t surpass Marcberg simply because it can’t have the impact of someone relatively unknown/unexposed coming along with their own style. But if he keeps a tight focus on doing his own thing by controlling the production and guest appearances, which it looks like from the track listing and songs leaked so far, it’ll be fire.

Comment by djbosscrewwrecka 08.29.12 @

This is great news and all, but what about the fuckin ARCH DRUIDS album? Isn’t Roc supposed to be all over that? That album has been over 2 years in the making as well.

Also, I personally don’t give a shit if RELOADED is better or not cuz all I really care about is it bein solid. Really curious to hear the Q-Tip produced joint.

Whattup AFFEX!

Comment by Wicked 08.30.12 @

bboy, what up!! You’s a fool, lol…

Reloaded, consider it copped. Marcberg is a hard act to follow but as long as he does him, i’m sure it’ll be straight.

Comment by oskamadison 08.30.12 @

Whut up Shaun??

You should hit up the Arch Druids yo, they’re out Bay Area aren’t they?

Comment by AFFEX 08.30.12 @

Oska…you feel what I’m sayin!? Haha
Reloaded is copped; and I ain’t got 2 fucks to give about it…….especially after 76′!?!?!?!

Comment by bboycult 08.30.12 @

Peace AFFEX! Naw man, they’re outta LA and formerly known as Brothaz Bent. And anyone not familiar with the Brothaz Bent album called “Up From The Desert” needs to peep that shit… http://www.discogs.com/artist/Brothaz+Bent

Comment by Wicked 08.30.12 @

@ AFFEX:

Yo, don’t sleep on Tip with those tracks. Premo, Pete Rock and Large Pro got all the mid ’90′s shine but quiet as kept, Tip had some of the hardest drums on his joints. Midnight Marauders is harder than damn near everything on the radio right now and let’s not even talk about The Infamous. Havoc gets the shine for that but TIP made it what it is, on the low.

Comment by oskamadison 08.31.12 @