Complex.com Presents: The 23 Best Rappers Who Started As Producers
Thursday October 04th 2012,
Filed under: Features,Listicles,Web Work

Two years after I penned The 50 Best Queensbridge Rap Songs list for Complex, they’ve invited me back into the building for another drop. As is the nature of these things, there were some editorial adjustments made in order to prevent potential lawsuits, but the fact that I managed to get Minnesotta from Money Boss Players included more than makes up for it.

The 23 Best Rappers Who Started As Producers

best rappers…dupri…diddy…dre…hell no.strange list.at least for unkut readers.

Comment by swordfish 10.05.12 @

Some of these are surprising to see you mention. Others are surprising to see complex post.. lol

Comment by LEX 10.05.12 @

When I saw the post I already knew that ‘Ye would be no. 1, especially since complex is straight jockin’ “Cruel Summer” right now for some God forsaken reason but YOU wrote that list??? At first, I was pissed at no mention of Extra P ’til I remembered we dissected the hell out of the topic here at unkut 2 years ago.

Comment by oskamadison 10.05.12 @

no Tony D? I’d trade the great harvey wallbanger for glassjaw, pshiddy, or pharell the girl anyday, but I realize it IS yawnplex, MBP flick is lurked and sneaking beatnuts and diamond into the top four was sick tho

Comment by dontplaymelikeIgotaflowerpothead 10.05.12 @

knew the list was gonna be shaky as soon as i seen JD on the list

Comment by lou 10.05.12 @

Would they not let you control the entries to the list, or what?

Comment by Fosterakahunter 10.08.12 @

After going thru the entire list, I have decided that it is useless, like many lists. It doesn’t even play by it’s own rules, ie. Alchemist rhymes before he produced, no two ways about it. Kid Capri? What did he “produce”?

Comment by Fosterakahunter 10.08.12 @

@Foster

Kanye was rhymin’ before he was producin’ too. To hell with that list.

Comment by oskamadison 10.09.12 @