No Country For Old (Rap) Men – Where Did The Drums Go?
Friday November 09th 2012,
Filed under: Alan The Chemist,No Country For Old (Rap) Men,The Unkut Opinion,Web Work

What good are the internets if you aren’t complaining about something?

No Country For Old (Rap) Men – Where Did The Drums Go?

Well said, Robbie! For some reason ,this makes me think of that Loch Ness Monster of Hip-Hop albums, the Nas/Premo joint. All this time, we’ve been screamin’ on Nas when it’s probably Def Jam that’s frontin’ on the artist formerly known as Waxmaster C. No place for “Boom-Bap” (there goes that phrase again…) on the radio.

Comment by oskaamdison 11.12.12 @

I don’t even want to hear about nas/preemo album anymore. A song would be good. And it would be good to hear Preem beats come out of a proper studio again, his beats miss d’n’d.

Comment by Gx 11.12.12 @

Primo still works out of D&D. He bought it, renovated it, and renamed it. The problem isn’t where he’s working it’s how. He’s been doing the same thing for like 20 years and is in his 40′s. The shit is bound to get stale at some point. It’s a miracle he’s even still somewhat active as a producer.

Comment by TumbleWEED 11.12.12 @

Also I think the sound change comes from working more within pro-tools nowadays. In the past he used more out-board gear and everything was laid to tape. Even though he still uses the same MPC and s950 combo his recording methods have changed. Hence a less robust and raw sound.

Comment by TumbleWEED 11.12.12 @

As much of a Premo fan I am, I would like to hear him update his style just a little. Nothing drastic, just step into the new millenium. Robbie’s post got me thinkn’ though. When’s the last time you heard a joint on the idiot box (radio) that had some hard drums in it?

Comment by oskamadison 11.12.12 @

As much of a Premo fan I am, I would like to hear him update his style just a little. Nothing drastic, just step into the new millenium. Robbie’s post got me thinkin’ though. When’s the last time you heard a joint on the idiot box (radio) that had some hard drums in it?

Comment by oskamadison 11.12.12 @

Haha…I respect Robbie taking responsibility for being EXTRA unnecessary w/that “I don’t like the term boom bap” crap! Now bow down; we call it BOOM BAP cause that’s tha sound! 1 -bboycult

Comment by bboycult 11.13.12 @

@tumbleweed yeah I know it’s not his gps location affecting hs beats. It’ hasn’t been the same sound since D’nD shut down, that studio was totally dismantled its not the same. None of the producrs that were at thier peak in the D’nD era have sounded the same since.

Comment by Gx 11.14.12 @