Filed under: Conservative Rap Coalition,Fundraising,In The Trenches,Not Your Average
Written by: Robbie Ettelson
Ever since I returned to Mom’s Basement seven months ago, I’ve been concentrating on delivering a new interview every week and going all out to provide a voice to the rappers, DJ’s and producers that the rest of the world has forgotten about, plus talk a little shit along the way. The time has come, however, for me to leave the basement for a minute and return to the streets of New York IRL (In Real Life) to hunt down some leads and shoot some video.
That means that it’s time for all of you Conservative Rap Coalition members reach deep into your Carhartt pockets and contribute to the cause. I’m been able to get my plane ticket money together after picking-up an extra paper route, but that’s not going to cover my Metro Card’s money, hot dogs, Swedish Fish or 40 Oz’s of Ballentine beer. Your hard-earned dollars will be put towards funding one or more of the following projects:
1. Track down Godfather Don and/or TJ Swan for the an Unkut Interview.
2. Visit the 45 King and attempting to find those videos of the Flavor Unit rapping in his basement, or the songs he did with T La Rock in the 80’s.
3. Film a guided tour of Queensbridge with Tragedy Khadafi as discussed when I first interviewed him.
4. Make out with the Real Roxanne on camera. Failing that, Roxanne Shante.
5. Make a fan video for Biz Markie‘s “Albee Square Mall” with Dallas Penn at the original location of this iconic shopping spot. I may even perform The Wop at some point.
6. Drink (another) bottle of Henny with Grand Daddy IU and do a follow-up interview and get more of those classic drunken stories like the one about how he and Kool G Rap had a contest to see who could bang more broads after a show.
7. Track down Latee and attempt to get past Queen Latifah‘s hundreds of gate-keepers to complete the Flavor Unit feature.
8. Hunt down the fabled lost tapes of Percee-P songs produced by T-Ray.
9. Locate the puppet from UMC’s “Blue Cheese” video and busk with it on the subway for a day.
10. Punch one of those horses that take the carriages around Central Park in the jaw.
Feel free to add your own suggestions once you’ve become a fully-paid up member…
UPDATED: You can contribute as a $10 “Well-Wisher”, a $20 “Supporter” or get a 1-year membership for $50, which entitles you to an official, personalized Conservative Rap Coalition membership card (to be produced later this year) and a permanent credit on the site as a recognized CRC member.
The choice is yours. If you want to help take Unkut Dot Com to the next level, it’s time to invest in the future of forever reliving rap’s glorious past. Otherwise I’ll just spend a month getting wasted on the open bar circuit and return to Mom’s Basement with liver failure and start only writing about rappers who use dollar signs instead of the letter “S” and dress like gypsies.
16 Comments so far
Leave a comment
Leave a comment
Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>