No Country For Old (Rap) Men: The Importance of Ka

Outside_Fat_Beats_after_Instore

My thoughts on the new Ka album, The Night’s Gambit, and why he’s doing the independent rap thing the right way.

No Country For Old (Rap) Men: The Importance of Ka

Success and props to KA. Cant wait to cop this. GP is a classic.

Comment by 357 NYC 07.20.13 @

not trying to take anything away from ka, the dude is talented but his drumless albums sound more like spoken word than hiphop.

Comment by tore 07.20.13 @

Ka’s pen game is berserk. Ka, Roc Marc and Action Bronson are my favorite MC’s of the last 5 years. My selfish side almost hopes he never blows the way he deserves to. You know the mainstream sheep wouldn’t fully understand or appreciate it. Gotta cop that Night’s Gambit ..

Comment by oskamadison 07.20.13 @

I copped straight from the BrownsvilleKa home site….shit came in the USPS yesterday. Not only is Ka official to the culture he is straight w/the business too…………….GO SUPPORT THIS INDEPENDENCE!
@oSKA pEACE fAM!

Comment by bboycult 07.20.13 @

Album is dope..Fat Beats wasn’t in brooklyn tho..

Comment by edub 07.20.13 @

[...] great article on Big Poppa favourite artist at the [...]

Pingback by Links we’ve loved. | The Fearse Family 07.21.13 @

What/where the hell is this photo from? In case you don’t know, that’s Masai Bey crouching in the armee jacket, between K-The-I?? and Zesto!! All good dudes.

Comment by Fosterakahunter 07.21.13 @

Btw, I fuxx with KA’s new album, as I knew I would.

Comment by Fosterakahunter 07.21.13 @

good read, Ka’s definitely deserving of all the acclaim he’s receiving, very happy to say I copped Night’s Gambit & went back and copped Iron Works from his site last week,a Ka x Unkut interview should happen (if it hasn’t, can’t remember).

Comment by yarp 07.21.13 @

BBoy, what it look like!!

Comment by oskamadison 07.21.13 @

whaddup oska & cult!

cosign roc & ka been killing the 16′s last couple of years.

Comment by $yk 07.22.13 @

$yk in tha interwebs house!

Comment by bboycult 07.23.13 @

fat beats distributor/warehouse was in bk

Comment by mercilesz 07.25.13 @

I didn’t realize Ka produced all his own joints. That’s whats up, grief pedigree was refreshing gutter music & the music videos were a welcome respite from the pop shit that’s out there.

Comment by gstatty 07.29.13 @