File Under: Predictible G Rap Write-Up

burgerwrap

Complex compiled a list of who Rap InternetS consider their favorite rapper dudes (and dames, as it turns out). I did my duty as a CRC representative and explained why KGR is the nicest on mic devices and all that stuff, because clearly no one else was going to.

Rap Bloggahs Favorite Rappers

salute!

Comment by swordfish 10.12.13 @

Shit cams def flavour of the month in bogland.

Comment by Gx 10.12.13 @

*blog

Comment by Gx 10.12.13 @

Good work, Robbie; you’re a man amongst mostly fucking retards there. I wouldn’t pick Nathaniel myself though if he croaked or quit after “Live and Let Die” his career would be damn near flawless…

And spared us the ultra-corny mafioso rap phase and the Click of Respect and currently painful Necro collaboration…

Comment by Jimmy Jump 10.12.13 @

And tho’ I’m highly critical of Rakim’s work since Eric B. took the dookie ropes away, it’s bizarre none of those fucking lames got up for Ra?!!

Cam >>> Nas + Jay combined, I will say that

Comment by Jimmy Jump 10.12.13 @

I am not saying I was expecting to see undergound heroes such as Finesse, Akinyele or Bumpy Knucles but shit…Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, KRS, LL, Nas, Biggie, Ghostface, Q-Tip…where are they? if it wasn’t for Robbie mentioning Kool G. Rap this could have been a list done by non Hip-Hop listeners. Scary.

Comment by ceedub 10.13.13 @

Jump Jump: and by the way anything G. Rap did after Live And Let Die is superior to anything most of the mc’s on the list ever recorded

and this is a damn classic

Comment by ceedub 10.13.13 @

ceedub, thanks for the reply but I gotta disagree on that one; “4, 5, 6″ was a let-down but “Roots of Evil” was an embarrassment, Kool G. Rap playing at being “hard” because in real-life he was shook the fuck up and scared to address it or to go back the complete MC ways of the DJ Polo years. Instead he choose cartoon ‘mafioso’ bullshit and not even a GOOD mafia or mobster flick, just a lot of corny posturing. He can still flow pretty well but what he’s saying is bullshit and most of production was even worse.

Schooly-D music in “King of New York” alone >>>>>> Kool G. Rap since “Live and Let Die”… alas!

Just like I wish we had new Kane (he still kicks it live) and better Rakin but really, given his intelligence and skill-set, Kool G. Rap might be the greatest artistic fall-off in rap history.

Otherwise I agree with everyone, that Complex list was dogs hit; Dallas Penn gets a pass because he’s always thinking and coming up sideways but the rest of those lames should be kept far, far away from the internet.

Comment by Jimmy Jump 10.13.13 @

“I revere Jay Z’s entire catalog. I’m in awe of 2 Chainz’s live performances. I admire and appreciate Drake’s raw emotional recordings.”

lol

Comment by doughjoe 10.14.13 @

the undisputed GOAT rapper is a marketing project pro wrestling character.

Comment by doughjoe 10.14.13 @

Yo, Camron’s new joint must be Illmatic 2013 the way some of these heads are scrotum surfin’ this cat. 3 out of 15 for him, 4 out of 15 for ‘Pac?? Wow. There is NO SUCH THING AS the GOAT or “Best Rapper Alive”. Get over it! That being said, G Rap deserves to be in the convo, REGARDLESS of any PERCEIVED artistic fall-offs or his penchant for formulaic mafioso themes.

Comment by oskamadison 10.15.13 @

Unbelievable none of these lame fucks picked Ghostface or even suggested him.

The Kool G. Rap question is an interesting one. Technique dudes are right to put him in the equation, still; those who value ART + lyricism can only lament what happened.

Q: how the fuck does G. Rap go from being a complete MC on his first three albums to being a caricature of tough guy ever after?

That he’d end up with a insufferable fat fuck like Necro must be karma for something.

Comment by Lonnie Doneghan 10.15.13 @

456 a letdown? what u smoking?

Comment by DizzyWo 10.15.13 @

i could really care less about his later stuff, but who cares when he gave us 4 classic albums, not many people do that

Comment by DizzyWo 10.15.13 @

and one dark night is goat status personified

Comment by DizzyWo 10.15.13 @