Marco Polo feat. Large Professor, Inspectah Deck, O.C, Tragedy Khadafi & DJ Revolution – Astonishing

astonishing

One of the highlights of the forthcoming Marco Polo album PA2: The Director’s Cut, as Large, Rebel INS, O.C. and Trag all go in. DJ Revolution steals the show, however, with what can only be described as scratching so great it should be illegal.

TRAG the only one with the real hunger…

Comment by OnkelMichael 10.24.13 @

I usually so-so with Marco Polo, but this beat was actually really dope.

Comment by esto 10.24.13 @

I want to like Marco Polo’s beats, but they never quite grab me. It’s boom bap with a lot of energy, but I always feels there is something missing. I just don’t get a real feel from his beats.

The sound quality is amazing but the lack of real soul in his beats keep me from ever listening to his jams for a second go round.

Great technical skill isn’t enough to make me want to hear a song again.

Comment by RigaTony 10.25.13 @

@ RigaTony:

You nailed it!! You can see he’s studied his craft and you can hear the potebtial but think about the first time you heard any of, say Premo’s joints. They immediately go on repeat. Even his substandard joints warrant at least a second listen. The only MP joint that I really felt was Large Pro’s “Professor @ Large”, which strangely enough was the best beat on that whole album.

Comment by oskamadison 10.25.13 @

*potential…dammit…

Comment by oskamadison 10.25.13 @

Hot scratches ,

Comment by Dnutty 10.25.13 @

Word to RigaTony…..I don’t know why these true school dudes keep gravitating to these bland producers. Just because you love “real” hiphop doesn’t mean you’re ready for primetime.

Comment by Truth Powell 10.25.13 @

@ RigaTony, that’s exactly the way I feel about Marco Polo. His beats are cool, but for the most part, I listen to them once and I never really want to listen to them again. I don’t know, maybe it’s just a matter of taste for me. I prefer a Madlib, an Alchemist or A Roc Marciano over a Marco Polo.

Comment by esto 10.25.13 @

I guess my comment didn’t post…Another co-sign for Riga Tony. You can tell Marco has studied his craft and his beats have that potential but that thing that make you want to keep runnin’ it back is missing. Even one of Premo’s third tier joints is at least worth a second listen. The best joint I’ve heard from MP so far is Large Pro’s “Professor @ Large” which strangely was the best joint on that album.

Comment by oskamadison 10.25.13 @

I dont know what yall smokin….shit is bangin

Comment by Marlo 10.25.13 @

This shit is fuckin official.. I’m looking forward to port authority 2. I think Marco polo’s a beast..

Comment by lex 10.26.13 @

This Has to be One of trag ppls makin a comment like tht ,the only one wit the real hunger? u gotta be smokin the same shit he smoked out tht crack pipe..lol

Comment by po boy 10.28.13 @