Video: Food Warriors: Jay Street – MetroTech
Wednesday December 11th 2013,
Filed under: Food Rap,In The Trenches,Internets,Video Clips

Dallas and Rafi scope out the best grub near the Jay Street – Metrotech A train station in New York City. Great to see that the fellas are sticking to CRC-approved attire with the polo and rugby steez on deck.

Woah, them titties.

Comment by esto 12.12.13 @

Agreed. Both gentlemen have substantial breasts.

Comment by Clive 12.12.13 @

Co-Sign on Shake Shack! the cheeseburgers are certified CRACK!

I’m surprised no one said the hot dog and sausage joint in the Fulton Mall(I can’t remember the name of the the exact corner it’s on.) Two dogs for $3 hit the stomach right

Comment by BKThoroughbred 12.12.13 @

^^ Flatbush & Atlantic, right?

Comment by lou 12.12.13 @

@lou

Naw, The spot I’m talking about is IN the Fulton Mall. I think it across the corner from American Eagle.

BUT speaking of Flatbush and Atlantic there’s a GOOD food truck that sells some delicious empenadas. It’s right in front of the LIRR entrance

Comment by BKThoroughbred 12.12.13 @

The correct answer for excellent food was given by the ofay in the subway: Yemeni joints on Atlantic fucking DESTROY anything else around…

Also, BKThoroughbred, do you mean the Hot Dog King at Fulton & Oratory Place? I won’t front, it gets the job done, but the Yemeni joints are something else, especially for lamb, fish, soup.

Comment by Soon Yi Corelone 12.15.13 @

@SYC

I THINK that is it. It’s one of the few places downtown that still has that hood feel. I’m in the area all day every day. Hit me with the name of one of those Yemeni spots and I’ll most definitely try it.

Comment by BKThoroughbred 12.15.13 @

BK, there are three Yemeni joints right by Court & Atlantic. Yemen Cafe is upstairs on Atlantic, just past the Trader Joe’s; it fanciest– the most ‘restaurant’ like as opposed to utilitarian ethnic joint– of the three, excellent but maybe a little pricy for lunch. (You get a ton of food for dinner though.)

A building or two over, downstairs, is Hadramout, I’d go here first and you know basement spots have to be good to survive.

Price has gone up but I practically lived on egg & vegetable and egg & lamb omeletes a few years back. They come with massive fresh bread also, like the tastiest, warmest, fluffiest pita imaginable except better!

A block down on Court is Yemen Cuisine, which for many years didn’t have any English signs or menu, so I knew it as 145 Cafe. They still don’t go out of their way to invite non-Yemenis but are polite and helpful if you go in. Like Hadramout, this is a bare bones spot but still top quality. All three see lots of Yemeni car service drivers and the like stopping by but also a good number of downtown workers like yourself, along with the hipper end of the local “foodies.”

Comment by Soon Yi Corelone 12.16.13 @

Thanks SYC,

Hadramout it is. I’m sitting here eating a wack bagel, so reading about egg & lamb omelet got me amped.

Thanks Again