Video: Greyson & Jasun – Livin’ Like A Troopa [1991]

After having this Vance Wright produced gem on repeat for the last few days after being reunited with my records, I stumbled across the video today. Two things worth noting – Greyson and Jaysun might have sold more records if they’d shot a cover photo dressed like this instead of the whole “suits in an abandoned bath house” look they went with, and this is still the finest use of “The Big Payback” loop ever used in rap, thanks to the slight pitch distortion effect, which I’m sure was the result of something messing up in the studio for brilliant results along the lines of the “Top Billin’” drum pattern.

Traffic entertainment please reissue this

Comment by timeo 03.03.14 @

Word to timeo and put that dope B-Side “No Shortz” on it, this is a true classic Robbie, the stupid record cover idea was the record company’s idea but you already knew that ;)

Comment by Jaz 03.04.14 @

My joint was the one they had with Slick Rick I think the video was like at a drive inn or something (Sad Rick Was Locked up at the time). Yeah Dope Album the cover wasent that bad….but yeah it did look kind of R&Bish LOL. All I needed to see was Produced by Vance Wrigh.

Comment by Dialtone 03.04.14 @

You should throw up some or all tracks using james brown samples and have a top 5 vote off.

Comment by A Nice 03.06.14 @

Really dope album, cover art notwithstanding. Never knew a video existed.

Comment by Fosterakahunter 03.06.14 @

That video used to get run on Rap City and Yo MTV Raps! Guess you had to be there!

BTW…The album is tight!

“They call me Slick Rick, Ricky D, Ricky Ricardo get it out your head because your a played out retardo!”

Comment by vitaltwofor 03.20.14 @