Download: Main Source – The Science [Unkut Bootleg]
Thursday July 10th 2014,
Filed under: Large Pro For Prez,Promos & Exclusives,Unkut Originals

The-Science

Following the well received Breaking Atoms album, which introduced the world to the talents of Large Professor, Sir Scratch and K-Kut, as well as early cameos from Akinyele and Nasty Nas, Main Source contributed the addictive “Fakin’ The Funk” to the White Men Can’t Jump soundtrack and declared “Main Source forever, yo!” on their feature with the Brand New Heavies.

The second album, The Science, had several completed tracks and demos in the can when it was previewed by The Source magazine, until Large Pro decided that working with a group that was managed by the other two member’s mom made as much sense as Shaquille O’Neil rapping and broke north. The McKenzie brothers would eventually recruit Queens street battle legend Mikey D to take over vocal duties, and even re-recorded “Hellavision” for the doomed Fuck What U Think album, leaving fans to forever speculate on what might have been if Paul Juice had stuck around.

Thanks to a handful of limited-edition 7″ pressings, Japanese re-issues, record label compilations and bootlegs, I’ve been able to assemble eight cuts that represent the sound of Main Source’s lost sophomore project.

Download: Main Source – The Science [Unkut Bootleg]

Scan of the original preview from The Source, July 1992.

Props. I believe either K Cut or his bro was selling the bootleg back n the days.

Comment by The Funkologist 07.10.14 @

This is why I fux wit Unkut..

Comment by LEX 07.10.14 @

WOW gotta hear this i remeber that flik in the Source talking about the second Album. I sooo loved Main Sorce and was heart broken when they broke up. To make it worse it took LP forever to get us a solo album…..SMH I still feel like Large Professer still hasent givin me the Solo Album I wanted cause at one point he was one of my top ten of that area.

Comment by DialTone 07.10.14 @

Now this is something special!
Thanks Robbie. Much props.

Comment by paul 07.10.14 @

made my friday. thanks a bundle, g

Comment by renny 07.11.14 @

God bless you, CRC prez….I remember being extremely heated when this didn’t come out…

Comment by da commanda 07.14.14 @

Thanks for revealing more Main Source to us Robbie. The “alternate take” of Bonafied Funk is even better than the cut on Heavy Rhyme Experience. Extra P should do an album with a live band. Is “the LP” album worth buying? I realise that my question is like “does the Pope have a balcony?”

Comment by Chris Ward 08.05.14 @