I present to you the ‘DJ Of The Year’ for 2011 and 2012, according to BET. I thought that this guy only knew how to Shout Jockey on records that other people produced and rapped on, but I was wrong. Gasp in amazement as his two Weed Carriers manipulate his laptop for him. Your jaw will hit the floor as you attempt to keep-up with his lightening fast hand skills that recall a young DJ Scratch in his prime. We da best, indeed.
The time has come to put a stop to the biggest threat to hardcore hip-hop in 2012 – Termanology appearances. Originally hailing from MA, this PR MC moved to the BX a few years back after his breakthrough ‘Watch How It Go Down’ single with DJ Premier. I copped that record and even interviewed him for a magazine, but then something awful happened…for some ungodly reason, he started doing this Whisper Rap thing which makes me want to puncture my ear canal with a blunt pencil every time I hear it. Not a big problem, right? I can just ignore his music. (more…)
Who’d a thunk that Unkut Dot Com would post a Kanye song, huh? The fact that it’s basically a 2012 version of ‘Mighty Healthy’ with a show-stealing verse from Starski Love makes it worth the effort though.
Twenty reasons why YouTube Commenters are the pinnacle of human evolution:
1. ‘Hiphop saved Lupe’s life. Now Lupe is saving hiphop’s life.’
^ *blank stare*
2. ‘Lupe is like A Tribe Called Quest from 2012 ! He is real.’
^ Which also means that Lupe hasn’t listened to any of his own albums all the way through and prefers Hammer to himself.
3. ‘This needs like 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,etc views’
^ Good thing you added the Etc. That ’0′ key was getting quite the work-out.
4. ‘Lupe Fiasco is not just a rap genius. Thousand miles more. He fight for his dreams and no one could stop him. And just wonder if any of the rappers are read more books then LupeFiasco and educate himself more. Not because it’s fancy or something. Just because he wants more about life then others and try to do something more with his power what he got FOR THE WORLD! Proud of him!’
^ Reading books is the new fancy.
5. ‘the true is that 50 to 100 years from now lupe will be reguarded as one of the best artist of this time’
Since there’s nothing much going on in terms of new music that I give a shit about, I may as well respond to the mock outrage of a comment on the last post:
“I notice here at Unkut, you do not relate to hardcore Hip-Hop vs Rap people as much as you like to play both sides of the fence and confuse the two”
This whole stance has always amused me. If KRS-One had his way, everybody would have subscribed to the theory that ‘rap is something you do, hip-hop is something you live’ and world hunger, war and Auto-Tune would all now be wiped-out. Is refusing to use the word ‘rap’ unless you’re referring to bubble gum music really going to achieve anything? For starters, the word ‘rap’ just sounds better in any conversation you might possibly have at any point in time. Grown Man Rap, Yacht Rap, Blog Rap, Emo Rap…try saying ‘Grown Man Hip-Hop’ and not sounding like a douche-hammer. (more…)