Crooked I Reads Prodigy Letter, Not Pleased

It seems that after HipHopDX did a post about the Prodigy Top 40 Letter that a certain comment about Slaughterhouse member Crooked I seems to have gotten back to him and as you might expect, he’s pissed. And wouldn’t you know it – he just happens to do a blog over at…yep – HipHopDX:

I read your letter and you disrespectfully mentioned my name. If you don’t know why Vibe magazine chose to put me in the Best Rapper Alive issue maybe you should have researched me before you wrote what you wrote. Since you have time on your hands, you should check out week 1 thru 52 of my historical Hip Hop Weekly series. Week 33 was a freestyle over your song ‘Get Away’ (one of my favorite Mobb Deep songs). All things considered, there is a price for speaking on a real nigga sideways. Out west we call this price a ‘fade’. I need you to catch my fade, in other words, fight me 1 on 1. Nobody else, just you and me. I’ll wait for your release date since I don’t forget about shit.

P.S. Do some push ups.

The fact that P doesn’t have internets access kinda makes this whole thing pointless unless one of his loyal Stans prints out Crook’s blog and mails it P in the bing, but let’s not get bogged down in the minor details.

On the plus side, this whole thing has given me a reason to listen to something by dude:

Well and has it changed your opinion?i hope so

Comment by GarryGanja 03.10.09 @

crooked i leave the homie p alone thats not about nothing u dont even know 4 sure what he said was his words people always add on 2 a story the homie is already behind bars he dont need the bullshit stress from a black brother fall back.

Comment by brooklyn4life 03.10.09 @

wow

Comment by Mercilesz 03.10.09 @

ok instead of a fight why don’t they just battle?

Comment by Mercilesz 03.10.09 @

do both! hehe

Comment by RowanB 03.10.09 @

Isn’t Slaughterhouse a song by the fictious Ignant MCs on Masta Ace’s second shit? Now they’re a real group who isn’t being sarcastic? Whoa, history’s a trip!

Comment by stoolthrowa 03.10.09 @

Got dayuum!

Just peeped that Crooked I freestyle above.

Nigga ripped P on his own shit. No need to fight the lil’ nigga. You already proved your point in that freestyle.

Comment by ManzO 03.10.09 @

I hope they both merc each other. The last thing we need is more ignorant, washed-up rappers filling up the unemployment lines in the U.S.

Comment by HipHopHistorian 03.10.09 @

if he wants to fight him why would he tell him to do more pushups?

Comment by JP 03.10.09 @

fuck that shit.. shoot that nigga.. p’s fallen off and callin crooked out.. out west we handle r business.. fuck P, wait for the ay ur released so u can b put in a box nigga. 1 C.O.B

Comment by jj_fresh 03.10.09 @

I would hope Prodigy would be using that time in the bing to read or do some constructive shit rather than harp on miscellaneous rappers. Then again, the letter seems fugazi, but who knows…

Crooked I is decent. Heard him on Immortal Technique’s 3rd World album and he dropped a pretty solid verse…

Comment by Robocop 03.10.09 @

Crooked I > prodigy .. Prodigy fell off years ago ..

Comment by dolo 03.10.09 @

“P.S. Do some push ups.”

Lol

Comment by P 03.10.09 @

Hoe Budden (You are a big fag, you thieving piece of shit) already bodied this lame joke of a rapper.

P even writes his gay letters in all caps, he’s just gangsta like that.

Fuck you to Prodigy and Dust Head Hoe Buddens for stealing money off up and coming artists…bitch, you steal 2.000$ from kids and shake it off.

I doubt Hoe Budden will read this >_> But oh well >_>

Comment by The Octacat 03.11.09 @

I don’t know who is angrier, Prodigy or jj_fresh

Comment by warchild 03.11.09 @

Man, I was hoping this was gonna be a song about homelessness.

Comment by Ruestar 03.11.09 @

REAL TALK I LIKE MOBB DEPP BUT P MUST HAVE BUMPED HIS FUCKEN SOME WHERE ????? YOU CANT TAKE SHOOTS AT THE WEST COAST BOSS AND NOT EXPECT FOR THE WEST NOT TO BE HEATED FUCK PRODIGY !! AND IF YOU WANNA KNOW WHO SAID IT ITS
ECKO WEST COAST OXNARD CALIFORNIA 805 AREA CODE C.O.B.

Comment by westcoast oxnard 03.11.09 @

P lost his damn mind.

I got love for P (no homo), but P can NOT fuck with Crooked

I’m a big fan of both, but Crooked I is on another level

Comment by AFFEX 03.12.09 @

@Robocop

If Crooked I’s verse on that Immortal Technique shit was “decent,” what classifies as “dope?”

…they want to get rid of my like I’m an agnostic, non-Canonical gospel book.

That verse is tell-your-boys dope!

Comment by digglahhh 03.14.09 @

@ stoolthrowa : actually i believe that slaughtahouse was a masta ace album lampooning gangsta rap, check me if i’m wrong unkut peeps

@ JP : HAHA, that really backfired on crooked i, thats like telling a dude that you are having a gun duel with to turn around and cap him in the back on 9 and not wait for 10

*sigh* i miss ignant beef in hip hop, when rappers had the cojones to call other rappers out by name instead of subliminally dissing coded analogies

Comment by gstatty 03.14.09 @

uhh, in coded analogies rather, because dissing a coded analogy wouldn’t make for great rap, or would it? oh yeah tell P to lift some books instead of lift weights, that fool needs some edumication, Power Lifting P for president

Comment by gstatty 03.14.09 @

push ups stands for punchlines in this muh fucker….yaheard?

Comment by ology 01.27.13 @