Eric B. Returns

So I interviewed Eric B. a few weeks back and you know I just had to find out how accurate that (now removed) Wikipedia entry really was. In particular, the talk of this chain of restaurants.

Robbie: Are you also involved in the restaurant business?

Eric B: Yes. I got a bunch of ‘em. What I do is, actually I set ‘em up and I gave ‘em to the kids. So I give ‘em to my kids, my brother’s kids, a friend’s kids, and they actually run it. I tell a funny story – I was down in Texas one time and I came back home and I told the kids, I say, ‘I ate at this restaurant and it was really good!’ And they say, ‘Dad, we’re partners in the restaurant. You own half the restaurant!’ I was like, ‘Oh, OK’.

So this is like a restaurant chain type of thing?

Yeah. They’re like a whole bunch of Mom & Pop restaurants, and the kids come in and we put up the money and we do joint ventures with different people.

Are you still into collecting luxury cars?

I do and I don’t. It’s funny, you get to a point in your life where all that doesn’t even mean anything. Everyone likes luxury items and things, but you get to the point in your life where it’s like I’ve done it for twenty years – what else could you possibly do? I just like to get from Point A to Point B. I still got a buncha cars but it really doesn’t excite me like it used to in the 80’s. I used to be on the cutting edge of vehicles and needed to have the newest of the newest of the newest. But now it’s like I’m in a different place – I got the centre where I’m helping kids and stuff like that That means more to me than the cars and all the jewelry and all that stuff. Making a difference in people‘s lives – and actually saving people’s lives. We got a bunch of kids that’s in gangs and stuff, and having them here and off the streets – we could’ve somebody’s life! That to me is, when people ask me, ‘What would you like to be remembered for?’ My humanitarian efforts and helping people. My music was fine and fantastic, but just to be able to say, ‘You know what? At the eleventh hour we could always count on him to help us for our charity or help us to take the kids out of a slump and takin’ them into somewhere positive in their life’.

You’ll have to grab the March edition of Hip-Hop Connection for more on this one, though.

Preview of Eric B. & Avion:

This dude has been so crooked over the years and lying about producing-Kool G.’s 2nd album(ANY OF RAKIM’S ALBUMS,THE DISASTEROUS FREDDIE FOXX DEBUT from 1989),threatening both Large Pro and Kool G,I mean who cares?? The only constant about his career is that HE IS A LIAR!!! And the poster boy for your-YET to BE LISTED-MOST USELESS DJ POST.

Comment by R.Jones 02.12.09 @

hope you asked him what he thinks of that other Eric B :)

Comment by RowanB 02.12.09 @

“I was down in Texas one time and I came back home and I told the kids, I say, ‘I ate at this restaurant and it was really good!’ And they say, ‘Dad, we’re partners in the restaurant. You own half the restaurant!’ I was like, ‘Oh, OK’.”

So he’s got big money in a bunch of businesses and he has no idea which ones or anything about them? Somehow doubtful. Oh, let me just throw you some money so you can open up a business; I won’t check up on you or anything. If I had a chain of record shops in Texas I’d want to know about their locations so I could check up on them whenever I visited, at the very least.

“you get to the point in your life where it’s like I’ve done it for twenty years – what else could you possibly do?”

Translation: I’m not broke, but I’m not really making any more than you are.

“I got the centre where I’m helping kids and stuff like that”

I found out about government grants and they help to pay my salary at the ‘center.’

“Preview of Eric B. & Avion”

Ghey.

Comment by haroon 02.12.09 @

Eric B was like the early prototype of Suge Knight.

Comment by Ridiculous Fish 02.12.09 @

Sounds like a fraud. Kinda like standing behind an MC and pretending your are the DJ scratching something.

Comment by keatso 02.12.09 @

not part of a group but fuckin Jamie Foxx pretending to dj on In Living Color always pissed me off n made me laugh at the same time. USELESS

Comment by 357 NYC 02.12.09 @

^Do you mean “DJ SW1″ aka Shawn Wayans?

Comment by keatso 02.12.09 @

I just caught that this isnt the first time SW1 and Eric B have been linked on Unkut

Comment by keatso 02.12.09 @

ohh shit that was a Waynes brother…my b, but fuckin wack none the less lol

Comment by 357 NYC 02.13.09 @

This is his daughter Diamond I’m 16 and I live in VA tell him he need to stop lying cuz i’ve never owned a resturant a day in my life!! The next time you interview him tell him that he needs to pay his child support or at least give me a phone call on my birthday!!! It’s goin on 11yrs in he’s never done anything in my life since I was 5!! If you don’t believe me then don’t(I could care less).But if you want to ask me any more questions then write me on my email (it’s ashame that a man can help other people’s kids but not his own!)

Comment by Diamond B 02.26.09 @

This is Ann. I have a soon to be 10 year old son by Eric B. He has never financially supported our son or spent any time with him. I got married when our son Eric turned 1 yrs old. The last time we spoke was in 2004. I remember hearing about you Diamond. I pray that you are healed from the abandonment and lack of financial support from your dad. My son does not know Eric is his real father as of now. However my husband is doing an excellent job of raising him as his own. I pray that Louis Eric Barrier comes forth and repent.

Comment by Ann 11.28.11 @

wow…

Comment by Murray! 04.04.13 @

First of all to Diamond let your mother take responsibility for fucking someone that she did not know she was a groupie and Ann I would say the same for you. You must still have feelings for this man or you would leave it alone… Dumb bitches

Comment by Donna 03.07.14 @